052.

Tristan's black dress sways in the morning air. She walks with Justin as they follow the Jensens into the church.

Today is Bryce Walker's funeral.

They walk into the church and Tristan notices the amount of law enforcement standing in the lobby. Waiting. Tristan glances up at her brother, but he shakes his head as they keep up with the Jensens.

Tristan sees the casket as they walk out of the lobby and into the sanctuary. It feels as if her heart stops. Bryce Walker is really dead.

She feels Lainie Jensen place a caring arm around her, bringing her back to reality, "How are you two holding up?"

Tristan looks at her brother before nodding at the woman. Justin's eyes tear away from the casket, "I'm good... Thank you guys for coming with me."

"Of course," Lainie smiles, squeezing his arm gently.

"I think I'm going to go say hey to the guys," Justin's voice is soft, his eyes dancing between his family before turning and walking towards the boys dressed in their football jerseys.

Tristan's eyes wander to the front again and that is when she sees the black hair sitting in the second row. Along with blonde hair next to him. Tristan looks back to the Jensens, "I found Zach, so I'll see you after?"

"Okay, sweetie," Lainie smiles as her and Matt find an empty spot, "We'll be right here if you need anything."

Tristan nods and begins to walk closer to the front. Closer to Bryce's body.

"Hey," She hears Zach say once she reaches the pew. Chlöe Rice sits beside him, and a burning sensation lights inside of Tristan. Zach stands up and approaches the girl, giving her a hug and a swift kiss before leading her back to sit beside him. Zach's mother smiles at Tristan before returning her attention to the Walkers' sitting a couple rows back.

Zach flips through his notecards again, whispering the words to himself. His focus is entirely on his speech. Which left Tristan to play with her fingers, not wanting to look to her side at Chloe and not wanting to look forward at the large photo of Bryce staring back at her. Maybe she should have sat with the Jensens... but that would be selfish. Zach asked for her to sit by him for support. So she sits.

"Tristan..." A voice she least expects makes Tristan turn to the girl on her right. Chloe nervously looks at her, "Can we talk? Like outside or something?"

"No."

"Tristan, it's really important," Chloe presses, causing the girl sigh.

"Fine." Tristan stands up and follows Chloe into the lobby where the girls find a spot less crowded.

Chloe immediately turns towards Tristan, "I know you don't like me, Tristan, but we both need to be there for Zach today. He's really nervous-"

Tristan scoffs and crosses her arms, "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Look," Chloe pleads, "Nothing has ever happened between me and Zach. I don't know who told you or why you think that we were, but we didn't do anything. He was just being a good friend during a bad time. You know he would never do that to you,"

Tristan stares at the girl for a moment, not knowing what to say. Tristan doesn't know what to think anymore. She has hated this girl for so long and she has held onto the thought of  Chloe and Zach together, that Tristan doesn't think that she can just push that out of her mind.