Sousuke x Reader

Lessons Against Fear

Hey, so this was originally gonna just be an extra on my last Sousuke x Reader but I decided to not include it. Another part was requested by @zuzuezgi99 and @Momokitty27 on the last part that I posted. This one shall will ellaborate the reader's fear of water and I'm thinking for this the reader and Sousuke have been dating for a few weeks now. There, just a little insight of what this plans to be, I hope you enjoy it.  Strangly enought it's 4:30 am here and I got the sudden urge to write so most of this was written at that time :3

~Fab Chi

 Is it really true that opposites attract?

This was a question you were pondering the past few weeks. Ever since the slightly awkward confession between you and Sousuke, the two of you have dating. But could a relationship really work between the two of you, with you whom was afraid of water and Sousuke who was a skilled swimmer on the team.

"(Y/N)chan..... (Y/N)chan," your best friend says trying to get your attention. The girls' and boys' swim teams had another joint today and you came to watch. Grant it, you resigned to stay on the second floor, away from all the water. (B/F), the girls' captain, was getting information for the teams while Rin, the boys' captain, managed the practice.

"What?" You ask your roommate after snapping out of your thoughts. You tore your eyes away from your boyfriend to gaze at the speaker.

"Don't you think it's time you got over your fear of water, or at least of pools. Pools don't get out of control when it's storming." (B/F) says, pointing out the obvious.

"You think I don't know that? It's just that I don't wanna relive that kind of experience," You say, looking at your feet.

"I just want you to think about it, and don't forget to ask any of us when you're ready," she says and you tilt your heard, confused. Then, (B/F) leaves and gives Rin a kiss, whom had joined you and (B/F) along with your boyfriend. At some point after your confessions with Sousuke, (B/F) and Rin began dating.

The couple left you and Sousuke and he approaches you. He hugs you and gives you a peck on the lips, "You came today."

"Y-yeah," You stutter and blush in his embrace. He smelled faintly of chlorine, but it wasn't an unpleasant scent on him somehow.

~Time Skip~

Days after (B/F) had made that suggest you were still pondering it. You really felt like the fear was stupid and you really didn't want it to get in the way of your relationship.

Mustering all the confidence you could, you call Sousuke.

"Hey (Y/N), what's up?" He asks when he picks up the phone.

"H-hey Sousuke, I was wondering if you can give me some swimming lessons," You ask nervously.

"W-what? Sure I can do that, how about tomorrow?" Sousuke replies a little shocked by your request.

"Yeah see you then, love you," you say, ending the call quickly.

~Time Skip~

You were in the locker room the next day, inspecting your swimsuit. It was a (F/C) polka dot bikini that (B/F) had to lend you since you didn't have one. It fit well but you weren't used to having so much skin showing and was embarrassed.

"(Y/N), are you ready in there?" Sousuke asks, knocking on the female locker room door.

You nod to yourself and come out. You swore you saw your boyfriend's jaw hit the floor at your appearance and he looked away blushing. "S-sousuke?" You ask as he looks away from you.

He clears his throat, "we should get started." He walks over to the edge of the pool and then notices that you haven't moved from where you were.

You stare at the water, trying to build up the confidence to get in but find that you haven't moved any closer. You look at Sousuke for help, hoping that he can help you solve this petty fear.

He catches your gaze and he walks back over to you. He picks you up somewhat harshly and puts you over his shoulder. "It'll be okay (Y/N)." He whispers as he  carries you closer to the pool.

You tense up as you approach the pool and are set down. Sousuke jumps into the pool and comes up near the edge, offering you a hand. Cautiously you edge towards the edge of the pool, "I don't know if I can still do this," you say as you gaze at the water hesitantly.

"Come on, you can do it," Sousuke says and takes your hand when it comes into reach. He pulls you into the water, into his arms, without allowing you to get anymore second thoughts.

The two of you surface and you gasp for breath because of the sudden plunge. "B-baka, why'd you do that?" You cry out and hit him lightly on the arm.

"You were having second thought, but look, you're in the water now." He points out, chuckle at your cute response.

You stop hitting him and realizes that he was right, that you were in the water and perfectly fine. "I guess your right."

After that, he taught you to swim better, since you hadn't swam in ages. All in all, it turned out to be a super fun date between the two of you, and you got over your fear of water, though going in the ocean was still a bit of a stretch.

And I'm done -sighs- again this oneshot took longer to write than I thought, sorry. Happy new year everyone, I know that's kinda late but still. I hope everyone had a good holidays bc I did (I got a new iPod for Christmas) T^T I don't wanna go to school on Monday, agh. Anyway hopeyou liked it, vote and comment your opinions :3

~Fab Chi