Ninety-Two: I won't ever be the same

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry too." I nodded at her, wiping away my tears once more. I didn't even know where that non-stop stream of hurt was coming from lately. Oh yeah, Jess, Drew... Now my parents too. What have I done to deserve this! I couldn't hide the worry on my face and definitely not for Mia who knew me trough and trough, apart from my past. "No more secrets." I huffed and sighed into the air in front of me. I needed to get this off my chest and she needed to know. "Mia, my parents. They..." I looked down at my hands, unable to find my words. Why is this so hard! "They..." I tried again but my stupid brain couldn't get past they.

Mia must have seen my struggle to find the right vocabulary to explain what they did to me because she grabbed my hand for comfort. "I know." I figured she'd know by now, Lukas wasn't going to keep the secret, not after what happened today.

"Lukas told you, didn't he?" I sighed, which was a sigh of relief to be honest. Telling the story again would have made me feel dead inside right now.

Mia scrunched her face. "Please don't be mad at him, he only wanted me to understand what was going on. I was...I am really worried. So is Luke. I have never seen him like this." She shook her head and I instantly felt guilty for making him feel that way. "I think he's just as scared as you are, scared he's going to lose you."

I sighed before pulling my knees back up to my chest and I wrapped my arms around them as I rested my chin on top. "I don't want him to worry." I said, my voice not hiding my sadness.

"Bella, he's going to worry whether it's your parents coming for you or you simply scraping your knee against the concrete because of your clumsy feet. And so will I!" She smiled at me and she was right, he probably would. "You're family." She whispered before leaning her head against my shoulder. "And I'm sorry for not treating you like it these past weeks." She whispered but as faint and careful as it sounded as vivid it filled my heart, gluing back together some of it that had been shattered.

"I forgive you. Sisters fight right?" I said, a faint smile draped across my lips, the hate I felt for my parents right now overshadowing the joy I should feel about reconciling with Mia.

"The hell they do." She smiled, throwing her arms around me.

"So...You and Ben huh?" I giggled, the question burning on my lips ever since I saw them together at the café, and posing it was also a great distraction form the disaster my life turned into hours ago.

Instantly Mia giggled into my shoulder. "We're just friends." But that giggle gave her true thoughts away.

"As if!" I said, taking a pillow next to me and swinging it into her face. "Spill it!" I chuckled and it felt nice thinking about something else then my problems. Somebody else's happiness always seemed to cheer me up.

"Alright, alright!" She giggled, holding her hands up to make me call cease-fire. "We're kinda dating. I don't know. We'll see where it goes." In felt the smile on her face and the tone in her voice as it brought me a little bit of joy too. She's so head over heels.

"Come here..." I said holding my arms open for her, both of us looking like an absolute mess. "I'm happy for you!" I said hugging her tightly. "You deserve to be with a great guy like Ben."

"You do to, unfortunately you have a thing for my asshole brother." Mia joked and it made me let out a laugh.

"Mia, I heard that..." Lukas growled while pulling the bathroom door shut behind him, Mia and I both chuckling at his timing. He walked over to us, wearing only light grey shorts and his black hair still a wet floppy mess.

"I...I'm gonna go wipe this mess of my face and get ready for bed now." She said giving me a smile as she quickly got up from the couch, as if she wanted to leave the two of us alone.