xxix. 30 days after

"Are you sure I can't change your mind anymore?" Irish pushes the elevator down button and looks up at the digital screen, eyes resting on the blinking red lights so Arthit wouldn't notice her teary eyes, "Faye and I can invite you on our dates, we won't mind."

Arthit scoffs, "But I do. It will remind me of... him."

Irish nods and decides not to push it anymore, she knows it's still a bitter subject for Arthit. Once the elevator door opens, the cousins pull Arthit's luggage and settle inside.

Arthit sighs and leans on the cold wall, "I need this Ish, to distract me. I don't think I can stay here without thinking of him."

Arthit had thought the sight of the ocean, the place he once fell in love with, is enough to make him forget and move on but every corner of the resort reminds him of what they'd done.

They didn't even have the chance to try parasailing before he left.

What a bummer.

So, this is what Arthit needs, to travel and see the world. He needs to see new sceneries that won't remind him of him, although Arthit knows deep inside he's going to be wishing the younger's beside him but it's enough to distract him.

"Have you heard from your parents?"

"No," Arthit pulls out his phone from his pocket to check if there are new messages from his parents, "I can't contact them since last night, they're probably busy. Can you message them later? Tell them I've left."

Irish nods.

"So, this is it?" Irish asks once they step out of their hotel building.

Arthit rolls his eyes. "You're so dramatic. I'm still going to talk to you, aren't you happy that I'm finally out of your hair?"

"A bit," They both smile sadly, "It's just weird that my annoying cousin won't be living with me anymore," Irish sighs and pulls Arthit to a hug tight, "I'm going to miss you for real."

Arthit caresses her back to comfort her and cups her cheeks when he feels warm tears on his shoulders, Arthit chuckles, "Why are you crying?"

Irish sniffs, "I'm really going to miss you, for real. Can you not leave?"

"I'm sorry, Ish."

Their little drama is cut off with Sed running towards them. He crouches a bit to catch his breath and smiles at Arthit, "Thank goodness you're still here. Can you wait for a bit? I haven't given you my farewell gift yet."

Arthit looks down at his wristwatch in worry "I don't know Sed, I'll be late for my flight, is that really important?"

"Yes, please? Come on, I've been a friend for 4 years. Please? I'll be quick."

Arthit sighs and nods. While waiting for Sed, Arthit tries not to stare at the ocean because it gives him melancholic thoughts to ponder, fortunately, Irish distracts him by pointing at something far away from where they stand.

"Look, what do you think that is?"

Arthit squints his eyes, from the pristine-looking heavenly white decorations, it only means one thing, "Looks like a wedding ceremony to me."

Irish beams. "Come on, let's take a quick look."

"What? No! We're not invited."

"Doesn't stop us back then. It's not yet starting, come on."

Irish pulls Arthit who stops resisting because he too is curious. From his 6 years of staying at the resort, oddly, this is the first time he's seen a wedding ceremony, either he's too busy or the resort is not that popular for such occasions.