xx. Day 21

"What's the name of the guy?" Arthit asks stirring his cup of tea, he lifts it up to his lips but immediately recoils at the bitter taste. Faye notices his problem so she takes the cup and fixes his tea for him, Arthit shots her a grateful smile.

"Chet Saichai," Irish responds placing a bowl of Pad Thai in front of Arthit before taking her own seat beside Faye. "He was my friend at the restaurant I waitressed at, I bumped into him last week. He said he was here again nursing a broken heart and he's looking for someone just like you."

She picks up her chopsticks and wiggles her eyebrows at her cousin. "Maybe you can give him a reason to stay here for good."

Arthit stops slurping his Pad Thai and cuts the noodles to frown at Irish. Chewing the noodles, he argues with, "Ish, I'm not looking for anything serious yet. I'm just doing this because I told Mae I'm moving on. They still want Kong for me especially Por."

"Parents know best." Faye butts in.

Both Irish and Arthit ignore her.

"Just kidding. Chet doesn't want anything serious too. Just some occasional dates with heavy make outs."

Arthit beams, that'll do. That's what he's looking for as well. Just someone he can talk to, to forget Kongpob even just for a few hours.

"Really? So, what's he like?"

"I can't tell you that. That's for you to find out, that's why you're going on this date, to know each other."

"No, I meant, is he handsome? Hot? Cute? Is he funny?"

"He's..." Irish squints her eyes and puts her chopsticks on her pursed lips while she thinks of the fitting word to describe Chet. "Okay. He's cute, I guess."

Arthit snorts. "Okay? You're giving me an okay guy? Kongpob is literal perfection. I need to move on from him and you decided to give me an 'okay' guy?"

"I don't appreciate guys so you can't trust my judgment but Chet is cute, a little bit handsome, maybe?"

Arthit rolls his eyes and leans back on his chair. "What did you think of Kong the first time you saw him? Not considering the drama we have."

"Perfect," Irish confesses with gritted teeth.

She had thought Arthit was exaggerating hearing Kongpob from his stories, Arthit had painted him a prince charming but the first time Irish had seen Kongpob, Irish had to admit, he did look like a prince, Kongpob was a total package– looks and personalities, the guy's patient and loyal, he could make anyone feel special by listening to them, he could make anyone feel loved and protected, that's who Kongpob is.

If Irish isn't just so focused on beautiful women and she doesn't know Kongpob's history with her cousin, she's going to be one of Kongpob's fangirls for sure.

"See? You can't give me an 'okay' guy, that's a huge downgrade."

"You haven't met him. So I think Chet is 'okay' but maybe, he would be a 'better' guy for you?"

/

Irish is wrong. The guy is not okay. No. He's worse than okay.

Arthit puffs his cheeks when another yawn threatens to spill from his lips. He picks up his fork and plays with the bits left in his Guay Teow. The Guay Teow was delicious but maybe he should've ordered Pad See Eiw too because he's hungry again.

"Then I told my cousin, are you insane? It's as easy as pi." Chet snorts at his own pun.

"Get it?" When Arthit doesn't react because he's still contemplating whether or not he's going to order Pad See Eiw, Chet tilts his head and explains, "Because pi is the ratio of the circle's -"