xii. Day 11

For the better part of the day, aside from apologizing to Samorn once again for being an ass last night- sending off chocolates and flowers and every saccharine stuff he can think of. All taken care of by Aim who's already grumbling because he can't take a damn break and be with May, good thing though, Kongpob's able to talk to him.

"Please? This is the last time I'm going to ask you this."

"This should be. I had a hard time looking for this stuff you're asking me for." It's a limited edition Vapor Trail 60 Pack, one of the few gifts Samorn said she wanted to have but doesn't want to buy for herself.

"Really sorry. Once I got back, I can give you anything you like."

"Kong, you know I'm not asking for anything in exchange of me being your errand boy while you're there, what I only want is for you to go back here and pacify Samorn yourself. I can't even understand while you had to go there months before your wedding, have you gone insane?"

To avoid any problem, Kongpob and Samorn had decided not to tell their friends and parents the real reason why Kongpob had to move away for a month. They said it's for business stuff.

"No, no. I'm just fixing something here, I can't go back, not yet."

Kongpob can't still comprehend what he wants to happen but he knows he can't just go back.

"Well, do it fast because I don't think your fiancée can wait. Also, stop upsetting her and bribing her with this stuff, it won't work every time."

"I know, I just had a lot of thoughts in my mind lately."

"Maybe you always had lots of thoughts lately because I always see Samorn sad and this isn't like her Kong, she's become a different person ever since you left. I don't think she's telling you how she really feels because it's Samorn, as much as possible, she doesn't like worrying you but you know... maybe you should just call the wedding off."

Kongpob feels his heart thundering when someone finally springs up that idea. An idea lurking in his mind.

"I can't do that to her, no, that's going to hurt her."

"From the way you react, maybe you should, you didn't even defend yourself and tell me you still want the wedding to happen. You're afraid because you're scared you might hurt her."

Kongpob massages his temples. Aim is not making any sense, there's no problem between him and Samorn so why would he cancel the wedding? This is just a phase he's feeling. Samorn has been there for him and every time he needs her, those times when Arthit were nowhere to be found, Samorn was the one to pick him up and fix him whole. He can't leave her, he owes a lot to Samorn and the thing he shouldn't do is ruin her most important day. And, it's not like Kongpob has a change of heart just because he's seen Arthit again... right? He still loves Samorn. Right? Right.

For goodness sake, he's gone for almost two weeks and Aim already thinks Kongpob is regretting asking Samorn to marry him.

Really, Kongpob is just doing some thinking. Deep thinking. As soon as he clears things out with Arthit, he's going to be out of this place in a second, to forget everything and start anew.

"Aim, let it go. I still want the wedding to happen and please don't tell her what you're telling me right now. That's going to hurt her, she might think I don't love her anymore."

"You don't think you're hurting her with what you're doing? If you cancel the wedding now, it's a one-time pain like a vaccine but if you don't, you're going to drawl out the pain, it's like you're making her suffer instead of letting her take the vaccine."