xix. Day 20 (part 2) cont.

"But my problem happened and I haven't told you this but she's the one who sent me here, I lied knowing this place because of your Mae... then we had that deal."

"What deal?"

"The deal."

Mrs. Rojnapat placed her purse on the dining table and stretched her body, a day of talking to her crying students had taken a toll on her so she went home earlier than usual.

She wanted to take a nap but she's afraid that her nap could turn into a night of sleep and she needed to finish her lesson for next week so she went to her son's room to ask him if he could wake her up at night. Mrs. Rojnapat pushed the door open to her son's room but the sight before him had made her frozen on the spot.

It was of Arthit, with his luggage on the bed opened before him, he was hysterical and crying hard as he pulled all his clothes from his closet putting them haplessly on his luggage. Arthit had stopped a second to clutch his chest, having a hard time breathing, before he continued whatever he's doing.

"Oon?"

Arthit stopped, looked up– eyes trembling and terrified– then when he realized after a few seconds that it was his mother before his blurry sight, he ran towards her and clutched her to a hug. He immediately buried his face in her neck leaving warm wet patches on her skin but his mother didn't mind, the sleepiness she's feeling earlier was gone from seeing her son lost. This is the first she'd seen him like this. 

"What happened? Why are you crying? Was it Kong? Did he break up with you? What?"

Arthit shook his head, hug tightening.

"What? What is it?"

Arthit sobbed, voice muffled by her neck.

"What Oon?"

He lifted up his face, eyes determined. "I want to leave Mae."

"What? Where are you going? Oon-"

"Please Mae, I just want to leave. I don't know where I will go, I don't know but you have to help me."

"Why? What happened?"

"Mae, please, get me away from here. Get me away from Kong. I don't want to see him anymore, please. I want to leave this place. I just want to be alone."

"What, Oon? What did Kong do? Please talk to him first "

Arthit shook his head, sniffing, more tears falling. "I don't want to talk to him, please Mae. Help me, I just- I don't want to see Kong anymore. I just want to be away from him."

"Aren't you being impulsive? What happened to you two? Did he hurt you?" Mrs. Rojnapat gulped, in a scared voice, she whispered, "Did he cheat? Was he cheating? Do you want me to talk to that guy? Your Por can talk to him-"

Arthit vehemently shook his head. "No b-but... Please Mae, please help me."

"Oon, you're not just leaving Kongpob, you're leaving everyone... your life here, your friends, us, your parents, Oon."

Arthit cried harder but he was still persistent to leave. "I'm sorry Mae. I don't know what to do anymore."

Mrs. Rojnapat sighed, she didn't know what's happening with her son but from his trembling body and his hysterical cries, it must have been really serious. "If I do this, you are not to go back here again. Do you understand that? You are not to be with Kongpob again."