ch. 23: "we need a guitarist."

Calum's P.O.V

"Woah- wait what you're in a band?" Tatiana's eyes go wide, making me laugh.

"Yes Tati, we are in a band and for your information it is called 5 sauce not five es o es." I roll my eyes, scrolling down my twitter feed while following some fans.

"That's great! Who's in your band?" she asks curiously.

"Well there's ashton, who plays the drums and sometimes the guitar," I point my finger at Ashton who was standing by Anne in line, "Then there's me who plays the bass, and Luke who plays the guitar and also the lead singer."

Her eyebrows furrows, probably taking in all the news she had just received.

"Wait- isn't Don't Stop one of your songs? Also that one underwear song where it's made out of american stuff?" she questions once more, cheeks reddening.

"Yes, don't tell me you're a huge fan! The underwear song is called She Looks So Perfect." I cross my arms, shaking my head.

"Okay, okay sorry!" She apologizes, setting her frappe down. I told her more about the band, how it got formed, how we found each other and stuff like that. I also told her how we were going to be an opening act for One Direction, that's the part that she got all squeamish.

Girls.

"Calum come on we got rehearsals and other stuff to talk about." Ashton nudges me, with Luke behind him looking at Tati.

"Have fun!" Tati waved at me, smiling.

I return the smile and walk out of Starbucks with Luke and Ash. The car ride to Ashton's house was quiet since Luke kept getting text messages on his phone, his smile was goofy, chuckling each five minutes.

When we got to Ashton's house, I high-fived Harry who was playing on his newly bought xbox-360. We then went into the garage to set up our stuff. We started rehearsing 'Heartbreak Girl' written by me. It was about specifically about Tatiana since she was in an on/off relationship with Luke who is currently my band-mater.

"I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth, that I-" I sing the melody but Luke suddenly interrupts.

"STOP GUYS STOP!" he shouts, making me snap my head at him.

"What the hell is it now Luke?" I frown at him, making him sigh.

"We need another guitarist." he says, turning around to Ash who was along side agreeing with him.

"Okay." I give in, setting my bass down on it's stand.

"When should we hold try outs?" I ask, as we walk into Ashton's house.

"Today." he says proudly.

"Today? Are you sure today, because isn't that a bit too soon?" I furrow my eyebrows at Luke who was on his phone again.

"No it's not too soon. We need one asap anyways since we need atleast one more guy to be the opening act for one direction remember?" he lifts his head up, looking back at ashton and me.

I nod my head in agreement.

"The more the merrier!" Ashton cries out, making us chuckle.

We made some flyers to staple to some random trees, we also taped some to restaurants and stores. A store owner got mad at us for putting one in front of his store but we attached the flyer to his window anyways. We waited in Ashton's garage for a couple hours till somebody showed up.