ch. 11: "confused"

Michael's P.O.V

I've always had this feeling that Tatiana meant something. More than a sister. Or have I been watching too much Game of Thrones? I needed to clear my head. I went out to the balcony & lit a blunt up to clear my mind and stay off the edge for awhile. I heard my dad coming so I quickly stomped on the blunt & hid it under the chair's cushion I had on the balcony.

"Michael, I smell weed." he finally reached me just in time for me to quickly sit down, trying not to laugh.

"Hmm. It's probably the neighbors." I shrugged, trying to avoid eye contact.

He suddenly grabbed me & looked me straight in the eyes. Then pushed me off harshly to land on the ground.

"Michael, I am not stupid. Are we really going to go through this phase again? I've spent thousands and hundreds of dollars trying to fix you in rehab and this is what I get in return?" he yelled at me, making me laugh uncontrollably.

I didn't care anymore until he suddenly punched me.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I screamed in pain, touching my aching face.

He suddenly backed off, realizing what've he done.

"Oh god.." he broke down & put his face into his eyes, beginning to cry.

It was like when he had lost mum. The memory was still implanted into my brain.

-

[ flashback ]

"ATTICUS! STOP!" my mom cried out as my dad continued to smash the beer bottles & plates all around us.

I didn't know what was happening. So I just sat there, mindless.

"YOU CHEATED ON ME FOR THE FIFTH TIME, KAREN! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO NOW?" He turned around, frustrated with hands on the back of his head, exhaling and inhaling.

"I'm sorry.. You know I love you!" mum pleaded, trying to hug him.

Dad let her hug him, but I knew at this very moment, our family was long gone.

"I-I don't even know anymore Karen. First of all, you don't even work a job that could benefit our son then you choose to sleep with five different men to get money. Am I not good enough for you anymore? What is it?" he cried, looking into my mum's eyes.

She nodded.

"I.. I want someone else, Atticus..." She softly mumbled. "I can take Michael.."

"NO! You are NOT taking my son! He's the only family I've got. I'll leave you with some money to start your new life & you can visit Michael once you're fixed up.." he stood up & packed up his stuff and mines too.

My mum suddenly grabbed me and ran out the door, but she tripped & hit her head on the concrete, dropping me as well.

All I remembered was the ringing of an ambulance & me wailing for help.

My dad picks me up softly and cradles me in his arms.

"Mum's leaving for a long vacation... But don't you worry, Daddy's here. Don't you worry.."

[ flashback ends ]

-

I walked towards Dad, even though I was high, I could control it, after being immune to it.

"I'm sorry Mikey.. I-I didn't mean to..." he looked up at me, his eyes red & full of tears.

"Dad, I'm sorry too.... I kissed Tatiana." I sighed, then looked away.

"You what?! Did you apologize?" he stood up, wiping his tears away.

"No... Dad, I think I love her." I turned around, looking up at him scared.

"No Michael. You don't. You just need a girlfriend and you'll find one soon. I promise." he put his hand on my back then walked back into the house, leaving me empty-minded.

-

Tatiana's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of something falling. Probably Michael with his 'punk rock' friends. I looked at my phone to see a text from Ash & Calum.

'Hey! Sorry I couldn't reply, I had a soccer game. How was your day?' -Cal Pal <3

'Sorry for over-reacting yesterday.. Friends?' -Ashy

I smiled & responded to both of them. Everything is fine now.

Well not everything..

I finally got the energy to get up & go downstairs. I silently crept downstairs to see if Michael was downstairs. Until someone behind me spoke..

"Yo." I spun around to see Michael with red eyes & his newly-dyed hair which was lavendar.

I froze.

I didn't know how to respond.

"Hey-uh look I'm sorry for doing what I did yesterday.. I kind of overreacted. I've been watching too much Game of Thrones." he scratched his head, then tilted it, making him look like a kitten.

"Yeah, sure." I awkwardly responded, then continued to walk downstairs.

"You wanna hang out at school?" he suddenly questioned.

"Uh, wouldn't that be a little too weird after what happened?" I questioned him, trying to make him feel uncomfortable.

"True.." he sighed then went back upstairs.

I felt bad, but what happened was truly wrong. I mean, who kisses their step-sister or step-brother?

After eating dinner with the family, I heard a ring at the door. I volunteered to get it, but Michael rushed to the door. When he opened it, he revealed my biggest rival of all times...

Rhea.

"Hey baby, you ready?" she leaned against the doorway, purring.

"When am I never ready?" Michael purred back, slamming the door behind him, then opened it again. "Lock the door."

Before I could lock the door, Calum suddenly swooped in, making it before I could slap the door into his face.

"HEY!" he said, running out of breath.

"Well, nice moves there." I laughed, closing the door behind me.

"You wanna go out? On a date?" he smiled, holding out a bouqet of white & lavendar roses.

My favorite combination.

"Hm.. Are you being serious?" I smiled at him, this moment finally happened.

"Yes. I'm sure." he bowed down, then laughed as he went back up.

"Alrighty, invitation accepted.. When and where?" I asked.

"It's a secret, can you keep it?" he smirked with his hands behind his back.

"Sounds fun! What time should I get ready at?" I grinned.

"Be ready at eight in the morning, my darling. It's gonna be a long day with your old cal pal." he stepped forward then gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I'll make sure I'll be ready." I looked up at his baby face then winked.

I might be in love with my bestfriend.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL I SAID I'D UPDATE IN 2 DAYS BUT I CHOSE HW OVER THIS.

I used to be @livinginthehood but then I didn't really like it </3

twitter; @calcealer