C17: Tell Me We're Going To Get The Guy.

. . .

Jared refused to answer any of my calls. That was so shitty of me to try and use him to ease my pain anyway. I'm glad it stopped when it did before I ended up regretting it today.

It was going to take me some time to get over Eric. I knew that, and sleeping with someone else wasn't going to make me heal any faster. Every time I thought back to him being close with someone else my heart ached. He was the only one I wanted and he didn't want me. Why did no one prepare me for this kind of emotional torture? How do you live your life normally when the person you love doesn't love you anymore?

"Earth to Darren," Avery waved her hands in front of my face to gain my attention. "Jared came home last night and went straight to his room, no talking. What happened?"

I didn't want to tell her exactly what happened because who wants to hear sex stories about their brother?

"He asked me who I loved and I said Eric," I spoke truthfully. "I have no energy to argue with you about why I should be with Jared so please don't bother,"

Avery's mouth dropped like she couldn't believe what I was saying. "Well, at least Jared's not shagged up with some other guy while you're here sulking,"

"Yeah, thanks for that," I roll my eyes as I get up from the table leaving her there alone. She called out my name in regretful pleas but I ignored her. I was honestly tired of both her and L.J trying to pin me with guys who I didn't want to be with. What was wrong with them? I wasn't some guy who'd date someone just for their pleasure. If anything they should take a step back and realize that I'm suffering. All I need is for them to be by my side and not have their own agendas for once.

I still hadn't even talked to Shawn about the voicemail and I didn't plan on it. Hopefully he could just ignore the whole thing and not spark a fight with me. Although I didn't see why he would, I'm positive he doesn't like me in that way anymore. Despite what L.J thinks.

I didn't even know where I was going until my feet were planted firmly in front of my locker. My eyes carefully traced over the decorations that Eric and I put on it the middle of last school year. In the bottom left corner of the locker was the glued on letters D + E. To the untrained eye you wouldn't notice it, but it was the first thing I saw. Peeling at the small paper letters I took them down one by one I didn't need a constant reminder that Eric and I weren't together.

"Hey!" Shawn scared me half to death when he smacked the locker next to mine.

Placing my hand to my chest I breathed heavily. "I'd like to live a little longer thank you,"

Cracking a half-smile Shawn leaned against the lockers. "Sorry, but as your friend, I can't let you walk around admitting that you love a certain somebody while getting your dick sucked by a person that isn't that somebody,"

"Oh god," I lower my head shamefully. "I'm sorry you had to hear that,"

"No, I'm glad I heard it," He laughed causing me to shoot my head up and glare at him. "I'm going to help you get your lover back,"

Smacking my lips my intense glared faded. "Thanks but no thanks,"

"What you don't believe in my abilities?" He asked with a pout.

"Look I know you guys kissed or whatever," I shrug hoping my jealousy wasn't showing as much as I thought it was. "But Eric still kinda doesn't like you for what happened last year so why would he listen to you?"

"Exactly," He said as if a lightbulb appeared over his head that we both could see. His smile grew wider and I just got more concerned.

Groaning Shawn dropped his excitement. "He doesn't like me, we both know that duh. But hear me out what if we make him think you and I are a thing? He'd come running back to you if he sees you with the guy who outed him. Sure you could do the same thing with Jared but Eric doesn't hate him he barely knows the guy,"