C8: Tell Me I Cheated?

+•+•+

"Darren you can't hide in this room forever," L.J gave off her last warning with a solid kick to my room door. I could hear the sound of her tiny feet stomping away in anger which made me loosen up a bit.

Between endless calls from Eric, threatening texts from Avery, and L.J ready to break my neck I couldn't breathe in peace. Not to mention the odd looks my mom gave me every time we crossed paths.

The only safe place in my life at this point was my room. So, that's where I'll be until school or I needed to eat.

Grabbing my remote control to flip through channels so I could eventually fall asleep my plans were stopped when a soft knock came at my door.

"Darren," Eric's hurt voice filled my ears. My heart instantly dropped through my chest. I had turned off my phone hours ago so the only way he could reach me was by showing up.

"Can you let me in?"

Closing my eyes briefly I knew that question had double meaning. I love Eric I do and I don't think I can stomach the idea of him hating me. His pain now will only be temporary so if I hold out a little bit longer...

"I told you, you can't be gentle with his stubborn ass!" L.J's sudden burst of loudness shook my from my thoughts as her fists came banging down on my door.

"L.J he's not going to let us in if you're acting like that," Avery said trying to calm L.J down. What the heck were they doing out there? Having a meeting?

"Break down the door Eric you're strong enough," L.J encouraged. "I'll drag him out,"

"Sssh," Eric said and I gasped. Telling L.J to ssh was a huge mistake and he knew that. It only made me feel bad because he was risking the safety of his balls just so he could talk to me.

"L.J!" I hear Avery shriek. What the hell? I jumped a bit when I started to hear bodies coming in contact with the walls.

"Don't tell me to ssh!" L.J yelled and I could hear Eric groaning making me climb to my feet and rush to the door. Before I knew it I was unlocking the damn thing to make sure L.J wasn't stomping Eric to the ground.

"Aha!" L.J said pushing pass me and entering my room. These crazy people tricked me. Eric was perfectly fine and someone please give Avery the Oscar she's earned it.

Shaking my head I folded my arms against my chest.

Taking L.J by the arm Avery pulled her outside again and pushed Eric in. "We've got you this far Eric you're welcome the rest is up to you,"

"I can't stay and watch?" L.J pouted trying to step in again but Avery blocked her. Avery grinned at L.J and that was the last I saw of them as Avery closed the door. Leaving me to deal with Eric and his puppy dog eyes and his deafening questions I couldn't answer. Was it hot in here or was it just me?

Fanning myself with my hand I didn't know how to start.

"What's up with you?" Eric asked getting straight to business. "This is so unlike you D, something must be up,"

"I just want to break up is that too much to ask?" I say adverting my gaze to the floor.

Walking closer to me the feel of Eric's touch to my chin made goosebumps devour my body. He lifted my face so that we locked eyes.

"Darren, I love you," He stated pulling me into a hug that felt like a million soft blankets. "I love you, tell me. Tell me what's bothering you baby," He started to rub the lower of my back comfortingly.