C10: Tell Me I'm Trapped.

+•+•+

I spent the next few days keeping my eye on Shawn. I never knew when he'd pop up and try something and besides I was ready for him. He's been cashing in a good punch in the face from me since last year and I guess he's finally ready to check out.

L.J's been ignoring me and so was Logan. Avery's been distant but at least she still sat with me at lunch which came with much backlash from L.J. I guess she forgot that Avery was my best friend before they even said one word to each other.

"Can you just tell me why?" Avery asked pushing her dried out school lunch broccoli around on her plate with a fork. "I don't want to invade your privacy or anything but Darren you've got to tell somebody and I'm here so,"

Taking a sip of my lemonade I blinked at her. I desperately wanted to tell her, tell anyone, but I didn't want them judging me. Also, Avery would kill me if she found out Jared and I had a thing.

"You can't keep up this charade forever D," Avery shrugged keeping eye contact so I could feel her words. She wasn't as intense as L.J but she could always get her point across without fail.

"I don't even believe you cheated," She added. "I don't tag you for a cheater,"

"Sorry for disappointing you," I rolled my eyes out of habit.

Taking a sip of her lemonade Avery let the silence linger a bit longer before giving me a piece of her mind. "Listen, don't be an ass to me considering I'm the only one still talking to you. The only person you can be mad at is yourself for keeping everything bottled up. I'm sitting here offering to listen to your side and you're acting like I shouldn't even be trying,"

Sighing lowly I shot her my best puppy dog eyes. "I'm sorry Avery, it's not that I don't want to tell you it's just like you said you're the only one talking to me and I don't want that to change,"

"Huh?" She questioned raising an eyebrow. "How would that change?"

Quickly realizing I've said too much I began to panic not knowing how to get myself out of this mess.

"I- uhh, I meant that maybe if um...," I trailed trying to think of a lie but nothing was forming in this dumb brain of mine. "I actually have to go I promised some kid in my class that I'd help them with some work,"

I quickly gathered my belongings almost flinging my tray across the lunchroom in the process. All Avery could do was look at me in awe because I didn't exactly give her time to answer or in fact comprehend what was going on.

Dumping my tray in the nearest trash bin I dodged out of the lunchroom. Sonic had nothing on me, maybe I should do track again.

Actually no, because Shawn's still on the track team and after all that's going on he's still the last person I want to see.

I didn't have anywhere to go. It was still lunch and I didn't have class until another 30 minutes but I couldn't keep my big mouth shut long enough to stay with Avery. She's a sneaky one too would've somehow tricked me into admitting everything.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Speak of the devil and he may show. It was Shawn telling me to meet him in the gym. I prepared myself for the worst because lord knows what his evil mind could think of to get back at me. Probably wants me to clean the gym room floor with my tongue.

I shivered at the thought that I'd actually be willing to do it to save my ass. I'm truly a sad sack of crap at this point.

I texted him a simple 'okay'. Taking my slow time to get there I took the long way before meeting my inevitable doom.