C11: Tell Me L.J Knows.

•+•+•+•+•

I still hadn't spoke to Eric. Despite the urges I had to just go over to his house and explain myself I didn't. I knew he still needed space to process the breakup and I didn't want to barge in on his healing process.

So I didn't count on him being at the homecoming dance tomorrow night. One less body to worry about.

Avery was going because it was some cheer requirement to provide pep or some other made up crap. L.J was going too, I think.

I didn't want to go to this thing at all but if it'll get Shawn off my back then I have to. He did post the promposal to his Facebook page so I'm sure everyone saw it. I try to ignore the whispers in the halls of me being called a two timing cheater but I always hear them.

I deserve it.

"Darren," L.J's faint voice caught my ear as she stood at the edge of my doorway with her arms folded across her chest.

This was odd. We hadn't had a conversation that wasn't initiated by me in I don't know how long.

"L.J," I shot back ready to stand my ground from her snotty remarks.

Stepping into my room a bit more she then leaned against my wall unsure of what to say next.

"I'm sorry," she said looking me straight in the eye. "I know I can be the biggest bitch in the world sometimes but I just care about you a lot and when you make stupid decisions it drives me mad, because I'm supposed to be the stupid one," she puffed out a small chuckle.

Letting my guard down a sigh of relief washed over me. I knew she was being sincere because L.J is the last person to ever apologize.

It made me smile to know that she was back in my corner. "L.J I know you mean well but sometimes you can go overboard and that drives me mad,"

Coming to sit on my bed with me L.J wrapped her arm around my shoulder. "I know, I know again I'm sorry I'll try to work on that okay? I promise no more automatically assuming your the bad guy and butting my nose into your business,"

"I didn't cheat on Eric with Shawn," I admitted truthfully. "I know it's hard to believe since as you may know I'm going to homecoming with him but if I had a choice I wouldn't be going at all," I rolled my eyes.

"A choice?" L.J questioned confused.

I weighed my options here. I could open up to L.J in her newly found wisdom of keeping out of my life or I could lie again and keep her out of it for sure.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked changing the subject.

"Anything,"

I gulped. I was going to tell her everything. I needed to get this out or it was going to consume me whole.

"Please don't talk until I'm finished," I stated nicely and L.J nodded that she understood.

I paused for a split second really thinking if I wanted to do this.

I did.

"When I was sixteen I lost my virginity to Jared," I blurted out and watched as L.J's eyes grew ten times in size.

She was about to say something but caught herself remembering what I asked of her.