C7: Tell Me Mother Knows Best.

•+•+•+•

I didn't go back to school. My head was too fucked up. I had received endless calls and texts from my friends but I couldn't answer. Eric had texted me also and I just told him I didn't feel too good. Which wasn't a lie because I didn't feel good, didn't feel good at all.

"Right this way Darren," My mother's assistant, Natalie, directed me toward my mother's office. "She just got out of a meeting and is surprised that you're here,"

"Yeah," I mumbled following all sulk like behind her. I couldn't go home either, I needed to talk to the only person on this planet other than Jared who knew what I was going through.

"Why aren't you at school?" My mother questioned once we walked into the office. She didn't bother looking up from whatever she was typing on her laptop though. Her fingers moved at lightning speed. It was fascinating actually.

I groaned internally. "I messed up,"

Her eyes darted up quickly. She must have seen the sorrowful look in my face because she dismissed Natalie and stood up to meet me. Suddenly her work wasn't so important.

Taking a seat in the chair opposite her desk I moved my hair from my face and looked up at her. I didn't want to tell her anything but she was the only one I could talk to. She was my voice of reason, my L.J if you will, and I really needed it at this moment.

"How'd you mess up?" She asked sliding on the edge of her desk so that she was directly in front of me. Narrowing her eyes, she probably already knew.

Biting my bottom lip I didn't know how to go about saying it. I knew she'd yell at me so why not just get it over with?"

"Jared and I kissed," I blurted looking down at the floor, I didn't have the guts to face her. "It just happened out of the blue and I feel so dirty and I don't know what to do,"

My mother sighed. "I was afraid this might happen. Do I need to have a talk with the Palmers about having him stay away from you?"

"For god sakes mother no," I said finding the courage to look at her. She had to see the look in my eyes to see that, that was the last thing I ever wanted. If his parents found out my mother would be forced to tell them the whole story and Avery would for sure find out. Avery would tell L.J, they'd both tell Eric. Where does that leave me? Probably beaten in a ditch by all three of them.

"Besides," I said softly. "I went to him," I saw her eyes grow big and I quickly continued talking so she wouldn't freak out. "To be fair it was to tell him to stop meddling with my life because I'm happy with E,"

She nodded clearly holding back on what she really wanted to say. "Speaking of Eric, you have to tell him about this. I get you didn't want him knowing about your past but with that kiss, you just made everything present. He deserves to know,"

Gulping lightly I wanted to take everything back. Take back today, that stupid kiss, take back sleeping with Jared two years ago. I wish Avery never left us together that night for a cheerleading emergency. Wow, so the girl at the top of the pyramid fell and broke her leg? So what! I also wish I could take back the way he looked at me, the way I caved in when he caressed my thigh. I wish I could take back ever meeting the damn guy. Avery should have had another sister or been the only child at this point.

"W-what if he breaks up with me?" I mumbled my words shaken up even by the thought. I couldn't lose Eric he meant too much to me, like way too much.

My mother took my hands in hers and squeezed them comfortingly. "Eric loves you, once you tell him the whole story he'll understand,"

I had nothing to say. She didn't even know the whole story and if I told Eric the whole story he'd hate me even more. I couldn't tell him how he wasn't my first... anything. I just really wanted to curl up into a ball and vanish forever.