risking

Shawn's POV

I told Camila I was going pick her up at her apartment around 5 pm to attend my friends' engagement party. I fixed the neck of my dark shirt under my black suit with no tie and knocked on her door.

A girl just some inches shorter than me, with a messy bun of wavy dark hair over he head opened the door. She was wearing a light blue nurse uniform.

"Come in, come in", she said opening the door wider and walking back inside. I followed her. "You must be Shawn. Camila is in her room, you can go check on her". She said turning around and looking for something inside a kitchen cavinet. "Oh! And I'm Nicole, by the way. Camila's friend".

"Hi", I said still catching up with everything she had said in just a few seconds.

"Sorry, I'm on a rush", she explained. "Her room is at the end of that hall".

I smiled and moved my feet in the direction she had pointed. The door was slightly open and I spied through the small gap before going inside. Camila was on her bed, fixing her earing. Her hair falling over the opposite shoulder. She had a short dress on and I could see her amazing bare legs one crossed over the other.

I stepped inside slowly, not wanting to scare her in case she hadn't hear me coming.

"Hi", she smiled when she saw me inside her room and stood up.

Her short dark red cocktail dress was tight all the way from her shoulder to her waist and then a bit loose over her hips and tights. The long sleeve made her look so elegant and sexy.

"What do you think?", she said spinning over the tip of her toes.

I was... blown away. She looked absolutely stunning.

"I... You, uh. You are so beautiful", I managed to say with a dry mouth. "The dress is also amazing".

"And it has pocket", she said very cheerfully. Her excitement made me happy.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Yeah. I just need my heels. Wait a second". She sat on the bed again and grabbed her heels. I looked around her room while she took care of that. She didn't have much apart from the bed, closet, vanity desk and shelfs on the wall. The bed looked extremelly comfortable though, I wouldn't mind staying there all night long. And what was with girls and the million of pillows they had?

"All ready", she said standing up again and her height reaching my chin this time.

I held her by the waist and kissed her forehead just because I had the perfect angle to do that. Maybe not a smart move. She stared at me a bit confused but I just opened the door for her. We walked outside her room and her roommate was still running around the living room.

"Mila, I found it!", she yelled when she saw us. "Oh God, you two look amazing".

I looked at Camila and smiled.

"I have to go", her friend said. "Have fun".

She grabbed her bag and some folders and rushed throught the door. She turned around and winked at us before closing it.

"She isn't usually like that", Camila explained with a fun smile. "She had lost the ring her mom gave her this morning and went crazy looking for it all day".

"She's fun", I said. "We should go too".

Melissa's parents had rented a salon in a hotel downtown to celebrate the engagement of her daughter and Dave. We arrived just in time and met with my other friends before congratulating the happy couple.