moving

The dream left my head dizzy and my skin hot all the way to my apartment. Shawn had gotten up from bed with me and offered to make me breakfast but I thanked him and passed, I need to be away from him for own sake. Plus, I was moving out today and I really needed to be at the apartment for when the move company arrived.

Five minutes after entering the apartment and being greeted by a speechless Liam throwing a cold stare at me, my phone had rung letting me know the truck was already outside the building and people were coming up to take my stuff.

Liam didn't say a word and locked himself inside the main room when two guys came to help me with the boxes. I told myself that if I forgot something in there, I would have to find a way to replace it, because there was no way I was talking to him after what he did to me yesterday.

I rode with the move company to my new home and texted my friends letting them know I was on my way. They were on the street when we arrived and helped me move the smaller boxes inside the new place.

"I'm so happy you are here", Nicole said dropping a box.

"You really saved my life", I told her.

"No, you did. I was looking for a roomate for a long time but I was too picky. I never said a thing because, you know, you had your place but now..."

"You'll see me crashing every weekend. This is going to be so much fun", Leah interrupted, saving me and Nicole from the awkwardness her last words had put over us.

"I know", I said relief and happy.

"Should we celebrate tonight?" Leah asked.

"Yeah, let's have a sleepover", my other friend agreed.

"That would be fun", I said.

By 6 pm I had all my stuff inside my new room, although many things were still inside boxes. I told my friend I would organized all later, because I wanted to do so when I was alone. I needed that time to wrap my head around this sudden change.

"Maybe we could go buy some things for tonight while you finish", one told me.

"Ok, if you don't mind going without me. I would really like a shower".

"Don't worry. Get comfortable and we'll be back soon".

They went out the door and for the first time I sat on my new bed and took a deep breath while I looked around. This room was smaller than the one I used to have, but the bed was comfortable and the view from the window was nice.

Then I did what I was most afraid to do, call my parents. I wasn't afraid of them, nothing like that. I was afraid of their reaction, I didn't want them worrying about me or creating their own stories around the break up. My dad was pretty lay back and would not interfere much, but my mom would like to know any little detail and question my decision every second to make sure I was ok with it. It rang 3 times before my mom picked up. I let her entertain me with her life, her stories and her gossips before throwing the news at her. She was speechless at first but then she just asked me how I was. I told her I was fine, that it was something I needed to do and she seemed to understand better than I thought she would. She lifted my spirit telling what a sweet and amazing person I was, that I was going to find someone better in the future and that things always happen for a reason. I wished I could have gotten a hug from her at that moment.

I got in the shower after we hung up and tried to wash out all my insecurities and fears because they we're doing no good at the moment.

[S: How is the move going so far?]

Shawn's text was the first thing I saw when I got off the shower. I smiled to myself before replying.

[C: All done, I just have some boxes to unpack]