tempting

I haven't felt this alive and carefree in my life. It's a new feeling and I could easily get used to it. I never thought taking things less serious was something I would enjoy. I always loved to be in charge of everything, but maybe letting go, at leass in just this aspect of my life, was a good decision.

That Saturday night, I took an Uber home. It would have been a lot more comfortable to stay there, as Shawn said, but I didn't want to push anything, so I went back to my apartment very late. I slept like a baby, and even when my muscles were a bit sore in the morning, it was all worth it.

This careless side of me that I was exploring took me by suprised. But maybe it was good taking risks sometimes, and this risk was for sure paying off. I couldn't believe how amazing Shawn was— even his annoying side looked charming now. He was also a big part of why I was feeling so comfortable doing what I was doing. I didn't know him much but I trusted him deeply and blindly. How weird was that? We had only known each other for maybe 4 months, not a long time. His face and arms brought so much comfort to my heart, though. He appeared in my life right when this started to tremble and he was the best hand I  could reach for safety again.

I knew he wanted me, and so did I, I had discovered. Thus, I felt this arrangement was the best thing it could have happened to both us. We both wanted each other, and we found a way to get that. I was happy. Strangely happy.

So happy that my mom thought I was hiding things from her. She had called almost everyday since I told her I had moved out from the apartment I shared with Liam. We always had a close relationship and I could tell her almost everything. Everything but this. I didn't feel comfortable telling I was just having sex with a friend and that was the main reason for my good mood. She wouldn't understand. She thought I was lying and trying to cover up the mess I was, so she wouldn't worry. It took me a while to prove my happiness to her but I did, or so I believed.

"Wow girl, you're glowing", Sarah said when I walked from one meeting room to my desk.

"Thank you", I said smiling shyly. I still wasn't all good with compliments.

"What's the secret?... Oh no!", she opened her eyes in surprise, "Did your boyfriend propose?" She said looking at my hand.

It was a bit annoying that that was the first thing she assumed was the reason for my glow, but I tried not to snap back at her because she looked very embarrased when she noticed there was no right in my finger.

"No", I said a bit upset, "we actually broke up a month ago".

"I... I, uh", she stuttered and her cheeks blushed. "I'm so sorry. Forget what I said".

"No problem", I said and continued my walk to my seat.

"If she only knew..." Shawn whispered under his breath.

"Shut up", I said and he chuckled.

Yes, I was happy and glowing, but that was because of me and the decision I'd made. Thank you very much.

Shawn put a cup of tea in front of me after some minutes of me fuming silently and staring at my laptop, not doing anything really. I looked up at him amused.

"I know this helps you calm down", he said. "Don't take her words seriously. Or mine".

I took the cup between my hands and its heat melted some of the icy annoyance inside of me.

"Thank you", I said to him.

Once again I was glad for the person I had next to me and the good friend I had found in him.

Shawn's POV.

I couldn't stop thinking about Camila's dream. Like fuck, why did she have to tell me that? My thoughts were wild every time I saw her walking around with a skirt now. Imagine trying to hide the semi I had constantly trapped in my pants. Knowing how good, sexy, sweet and bit kinky she was during sex, I could not focus on anything else when she was close.