recognizing

My job in the company is to attract clients and overall keep them happy so they prefer our service and come back to us every time they need to advertise something. So marketing and social relationships mostly. The project we had been working on with Shawn this past month consisted on attracting a new and special brand of our choice. The first week we brainstormed options, narrowed them down to 3 possible candidates and then our managers chose one. From week 2 onwards, we had to get in contact with them, show them all the magnificents benefits we had to offer and finally seal a deal for working together.

The company we had chosen was branching to develop medical equipment to a lower cost and with greener resources. Our part of the job was to prove that with our service we could help them develop an image that would improve their popularity and ultimately attract more investors.

Shawn was currently on the phone with them. If this phone call goes well, we had the contract almost signed. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I knew Shawn had this charming attitude that would bring anyone to their feet, so I was hoping his magic was doing its things with these clients.

He nodded a couple of times, answering little "huh" and "mhm" every now and then but apart form that, I had no idea what was going on. I was pretty sure he had taken drama classes at some point in life because he was too good at keeping a straight face when I was about to fall off my chair.

He then looked at me with eyes wide open, a smile very slowly reaching his lips. He was focused on what people were telling him over the phone but finally opening up to let me know about it. His left hand form a fist and three second later he was punching the air in victory.

"Yes!", I let out with sigh.

"Alright, we'll keep in touch then. Thank you so much. Have a nice day", he said lastly and ended the call. He took a deep breathe and then jumped over me to hug me so tight.

"We did it", I said hugging him back as we both stood on our feet, me on my tiptoes.

"We did it", he repeated. He let go of me just a bit, his hands still placed on my lower back. His smile was shiner than ever and his eyes were filled with joy.

"Congratulations", I said tapping his shoulders in excitement.

We had worked so hard on this. We were very meticulous and professional gathering all the material and displaying it for our possible clients that I could not be more proud or us both. We deserved this.

"We have to celebrate", he said.

"Yeah, sure", I agreed.

I knew this was his first win working here and he was even more pumped about it than me.

"Tomorrow. Let's go for some drinks. Just you and me".

We returned to our seats and I considered his proposal.

"I... I don't know. I..."

"What? Your boyfriend will get mad?"

"It's not that". Not entirely, at least, I thought. "I already have plans. I'm getting together with my friends on Friday".

"Wow, you have friends?", he mocked.

"Yeah, you thought you were my only friend?" He laughed with me.

"Saturday, then. C'mon, Mila, this is a huge deal and we're done with it. We deserve to celebrate". He doesn't called me Mila very often, but I like it when he does.

"Alright, let's do it. Saturday night works for you?"

"Saturday it is", he gave me a big smile and I couldn't help but smile back. That smile stuck with me all day and every time our eyes met each other, we smiled bigger.