𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓 ━━━ Miki's Anger ₊˚.༄

"(Name), we need more shrimp cocktails over here!" Suzuno called out from the corner of the room, drawing the young servant's attention, who immediately nodded in understanding

It was honestly quite amazing - how grand birthday parties were in the Suoh Main Mansion. It was one of the few occasions when Suoh Shizue would order the opening of the central ballroom, allowing guests, both local and international alike, to mingle and celebrate the birthday of a member from one of the most prestigious families in Japan.

Tensions were high, even well after the evening party began. Those present were more than often part of the largest cooperations in Japan or even the world in some cases, so the entire image of the Suoh family was currently resting on the servants' shoulders while their masters entertained the guests. The gardens were the face of the residence, demonstrating the Suoh family's majesty, which meant that they had to be kept in the most orderly yet trendy designs with seasonally imported flowers from around the globe. The orchestra would set the mood of the entire party and thus the rest of the night. Therefore, only the best of the best were invited to play with their finely-tuned instruments. The food would serve as the physical judgement guests would be able to conduct on the family, so the chefs were put through the literal grinder, rushing to prepare the most high-class dishes that would accommodate the sheer mass of people that attended such events.

Even the slightest speck of dust on the tables or any smudges on the dishes or silverware could spark rumours of their incompetence, possibly ruining the image of the Suoh family. So the whole mansion of servants remained on high alert, always on the lookout for trouble while ensuring each and every guest would be satisfied with their stay.

High society was judgmental, but such was the world they lived in.

Nevertheless, (Name) noted neither they nor the other servants of the mansion ever minded their brutal schedule and tasks, especially when the party was meant to celebrate the recent 20th birthday of the young miss of the family - Suoh Miki.

The young miss was one of the most well-liked residents of the Main Mansion alongside her elder half-brother. They were indeed a breath of fresh air compared to the previously suffocating reign of their paternal grandmother. Though admittedly, the older woman's stoic demeanour has since lightened significantly since they've moved in with her and their father.

While it was upsetting to see Miki move to the West Coast of the United States even after finishing her third year of high school abroad in Boston, the servants of the mansion often received souvenirs from the girl whenever she came back to visit for the holidays. It was heartwarming to know that even thousands of miles away, the young miss continued to think of them.

(Name) peered up at the balcony above the grand hall, smiling a little when they spotted the guest-of-honour chattering away with her brother and friends from high school.

"Stop gawking, (Name)," A familiar voice chimed behind them, drawing (Name) out of their thoughts. They snapped their head to the side; eyes rounded when they saw the butler with chai-brown hair and emerald eyes setting down a new bowl of punch on one of the many tables.