𝟒𝟎 ❀˚. New Years Wishes at the Temple! ₊˚.༄

"Arden! Arden! Look!" With her little hands firmly latched onto the window sill, a little girl with strawberry brown hair leaned out with an awestruck expression, gazing at the snowflakes that floated down from the sky. "It's snowing! You're right! It's like white petals dancing in the sky! It's so pretty!" She gasped as her eyes twinkled in the setting sun. "Can I grab one? Can I?"

"I would advise against that, milady." Wiping away her messy craft paint stains inside the room, the butler with chai brown hair chuckled lightly. "It's very dangerous to lean outside, to begin with. It'd be terrible if you fell." He reminded.

Sitting back down on her knees, the little girl pouted. "But I really want to touch a snowflake," She whined.

Hearing that wish of hers, Arden glanced up. The silhouette of a little girl with long strawberry brown hair, sitting in front of her window and gazing out at a world of falling snow that she could never touch. Leaving the stain to clean for later, he approached the child. "Please stand back, Milady," He warned, picking the girl up and gingerly setting her down on her bed.

"Huh?" Miki tilted her head, watching as Arden planted a hand against the window frame and leaned his body out. He extended his exposed hand beyond the protective roof and into the fluttering snow. "Arden, what are you doing?" She asked.