━━━ Christmas Short ₊˚.༄

"Arden, what are they doing outside?" Peering curiously out the window, a little girl with strawberry blonde hair pointed at the front gardens floors below as people rushed about in the chilling weather wearing fur coats

"Arden, what are they doing outside?" Peering curiously out the window, a little girl with strawberry blonde hair pointed at the front gardens floors below as people rushed about in the chilling weather wearing fur coats. "They keep hanging these red ribbons on the trees; it's a little weird."

"Let's see," He leaned out the window as he loomed over her shoulder, the young butler hummed. "Ah, they are getting ready for Christmas, Milady." He informed her.

"Christmas?" The five-year-old repeated as she tilted her head. "What is that?"

"It's an annual celebrating Christ's birth in the Christian religion," Arden explained with a soft smile. "Many people like to get festive and decorate their houses when the holidays come around."

"Really?!" Whipping her head around, Miki jumped off the ledge of her window and ran back in her room. Twirling around as her little chiffon dress fluttered behind her, she giggled. "Could we decorate my room too? Please, Arden?" Opening her arms wide, she gestured her bedroom. 

Rubbing his chin slightly, Arden's emerald eyes flickered up to the ceiling. "I suppose I could bring in a few things for you to use and decorate," He told her, watching in adoration as she threw her arms up into the air. 

"Yay! You're the best Arden!" She cheered, jumping up with a victory pose. "Oh! I could use the ribbon from the leftover craft kits to do something too, could you get them out, please? This'll be so exciting!" Spinning on her heel, she began to plan out how to decorate her room when she realized something. "Say, Arden," Leaning sideways, she glanced over curiously. "What do people do on this 'Christmas'?" She asked. 

"Well, Milady." Chuckling as he paced over to the cupboard of left-over craft supplies, Arden spoke. "For one, families gather together to decorate a Christmas tree, eat dinner and exchange gifts." He explained. 

"A tree?" Miki gasped in amazement as this wonderful day. "Could you bring a tree in for me?" 

"I'm afraid that's out of my limitations, Milady." Sweatdropping, Arden took out a few boxes of ribbons. "We could decorate that bonsai tree I brought a while back if you'd like." His eyes crinkled slightly as he gestured the well-taken care of plant in the corner of the room. He faintly remembers that day, when he came in to find his lady sulking because she could 'never touch or feel a tree.' So instead of letting her out to go to the trees, he decided to bring it to her instead. 

"Yea! That'll be great!" Nodding, Miki agreed wholeheartedly as she dashed over to look through the ribbon stash beginning to sort out the colours. "They are using red and green as the main colours, so I'll use... this... this... and this..." She focused intently on organizing the colours to match up with the ones she spotted downstairs before pausing slightly. "Arden," She spoke faintly. 

"Yes, Milady?"

"You said families gather, right?" With her eyes in a downcast, the little girl stared down at the pile of colourful ribbons on her lap. "Will father be visiting?"