Antipathy

🌸~<>~<>~•~<>~<>~🌸

Park Sohee POV

Tears brimmed in my eyes, seeing my parents sitting beside me. I felt so angry at myself for forgetting about the two most precious people in my life.

"Try this, princess. It's delicious." Mother put down a piece of lobster on my plate, smiling widely. She caressed my hair, giving a light peck on my temple. She was happy, and I could see that through her teary eyes. She had missed me a lot.

"Mr.Kim, I am really thankful to you for saving my daughter." My father smiled at Dad Kim, giving him a light pat on his shoulder.

I was relieved after seeing them together. I thought my father would do something to him for keeping me as his child for four years, but he didn't. Maybe they also saw what I saw when he told me the reason behind it. But I was a little sad that he had a few days left.

He was my dad for four years.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I stared at them. Both of them looked over at me when they felt my stares, and I brushed off the tears which fell on my cheek, forcing a smile.

"Don't cry, sweetie," Dad Kim muttered, for which everyone turned to me while I lowered my gaze. I felt his hand on my head as he smiled widely. "You're so lucky to have both of us, dear. You should be happy."

"I am happy, Dad Kim. I am happy that we all are together." I smiled back at him, getting a hold of his hand.

"Well, if it is then, would you like to have a dance with me, Ms. Winner?" He asked, raising an eyebrow playfully. 

I giggled, standing up as we both went to the small empty dance floor in the restaurant's center. People exchanged glances, whispering to each other as soon as Dad Kim, and I started to sway our bodies to the song playing in the background.

He gave a light kiss on my forehead while tears welled in his eyes. He hugged me tightly, patting my head, still swaying from side to side.

"I am happy to have a big family before I die." He muttered, and I looked up at him, breaking the hug.

"Don't talk about dying, Dad. Please?"

He nodded, smiling widely.

A loud bang was heard, along with the screams of some customers in the restaurant, gaining all of our attention. I looked around, not knowing what was happening, while a fear rushed into my mind.

Again the same loud noise echoed in the restaurant, making me crouch down with Dad Kim while a scream ripped out of my lungs. My eyes roved in fear, grasping the hem of my white shirt.