10

- Piper Meyers-

I woke up and could tell it was later in the evening.

I look beside me and see a sleeping Jaden Hossler.

It was at that moment I realized he too was in a hospital gown.

He took a bullet meant for me!

I run my hand through his blonde ended hair just thinking.

"Your awake" a younger girl maybe 16 says.

"Who are you" I ask trying to not sound rude.

"Haley, Haley Hossler Jaden's younger sister, and you must be Piper the girl he never shuts up about" she replies pulling a chair over to the side of the bed.

Hopefully all good things were said.

"Nice to meet you" I reply as she lays her head down on Jaden's arm. "Why aren't you asleep too"

"Couldn't really sleep" she replies.

"I feel ya. I'm probably gonna be up all night" I say with a small chuckle.

"He was really worried about you" she comments without picking up her head "he likes you ya know"

"Well I like him too" I reply as she chuckles slightly.

"Do you know if my brother came" I ask concerned.

" ya they are all at a hotel" Haley replies

"They" I question.

"They, Avani, Anthony, Josh, Nessa, Griffin, Quinton, and your brother. Kendall and I are already good friends. We raided the cafeteria of its green jello supply" Haley says with a small laugh.

"Sounds like my Ken Ken" I chuckle coughing uncontrollably.

"Hey just breath" Haley says standing up.

"Haley I need him off" I shout causing everyone to wake up as I scream out in panic.

"Hey hey" Jaden says grabbing hold of me getting me to look him dead in the eyes.

"Stop, your hurting me Marcus" I wimpier.

"It's me Jaden, Marcus is in jail. He . . . Piper! He can't hurt you I promise" Jaden says bringing me into his chest as I break down more.

"Who are they" I ask once I've got myself under control referring to the two older adults in the room.

"That's my mom Amy and my dad John" Jaden whispers.

"I'm sorry for freaking out. I. . . I had a flashback" I say as he just lies beside me holding me.

"It's ok. I won't let anything happen to you again. That's a promise" he whispers.

"Don't make promises you won't be able to keep" I say back, earning a look of confusion and shock. "I'm bad news Jae"

x x x x x

-Jaden Hossler-

The next morning rolled on up.

"Mr. Hossler you are ready to be released from the hospital, but take it easy you have a concussion" The doctor says unhooking me from everything so I could go to the bathroom and change.

"So no riding TVs on skateboards down the street, got it" Anthony jokes as I shoot him a glare and Griffin shoots one of disappointment.