6

- Jaden Hossler-

"Does anyone know where Piper went" Josh asks as we all sit in the living room Emmy arrived moments prior.

"I'll go find her" I say.

"She could be in the studio" Emmy says as I stand up. "It's on the third door to your left when you go to the third floor"

I walk up the stairs and head over to the room.

She was recording a cover.

" Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound

I found a way to let you win
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breaking
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out" she sings. 

I can tell she's in pain. She's on the brink of tears.

When piper finishes she and goes on her phone and makes a tweet to which I get a notification for.

Piper tweeted "I miss you guys so much, god took you back too soon"
Jadenhossler replied "piper we are here for you if you need to talk"
Piper replied "thanks"

(Highly recommend listening to this just sayin)

Piper has uploaded a new YouTube video

Halo Cover - for mom, dad and Oscar, I love and miss you💫

"Where you in here the whole time I was recording" she asks sitting beside me on the couch.

"Yeah and you got talent" I reply as she lays back against the couch with her head back.

"Why I snapped in the comments was cause, before my parents died, my dad would always call me Pipey" she explains. "I don't let people call me that unless they've earned it I guess"

"So only Emmy" I joke a little trying to lighten the mood.

"And my Gramps and Grams as well as Ken Ken " she replies with a small fake smile.

"If you don't mind sharing what happened to them" I ask curious. "You don't have to if you don't want to"

"We were in Chicago visiting my Gramps and Grands while my mom had a case. Both of my parents were lawyers but only my mom had the client in Chicago. My dad was just there to help" she starts to explain. "Uhh one day we were chilling and they had to go to the bank. They were on their way back out with Oscar when they were gun downed"

"That's awful I'm so sorry" I say as she sits up and faces me.

"I held my little 7 year old brother as he bled out. Thank god Ken wasn't there and stayed with our grandparents or he'd probably be gone too" She says as tears fall from her eyes, and I wipe them away with my thumb.

"Did you see who did it" I ask.

"Yeah I'm set to testify against them in a . . . I have to testify in a week or so. Apparently it took the Gang unit forever to connect their murder to the case they were working, so the trail took this long to start" she says anger laced in her tone.

"I'm so sorry" I say as she breaks down.

I take her in my arms and just hug her.

"When do you leave?" I ask as she sits down at her key board.