Including that one, I nearly bumped into.

The boy flipped an empty chair to my front and he sat down.

"Hey, new girl. I'm Ezekiel, the clown of the class."

I stared blankly at him. Who introduces themselves as a clown?

"Don't worry, you'll get to know me as time goes on. I would have probably initiated you into our class but sadly, I was not around then."

Then, he moved closer like we're in some sort of conspiracy.

"I'm sure my classmates did not welcome you properly. Don't mind them, they're nicer than that."

Then, he moved back and smiled at his idea of a joke or what? But at least, he was being nice. Not like the other 20 who kept to themselves. Especially the idiot behind me.

You are keeping to yourself too na. You can't blame them.

"Tuna is coming. Tuna is coming."

Someone shouted from the corridor and Pimm, everywhere became quiet. Even quieter than a graveyard.

One minute, Ezekiel was in front of me, and the next minute, he had disappeared.

I knew who Tuna was. He was Uncle Tunde, the most talked about and the most feared person in Cresent High. He was the school's director who have zero tolerance for frivolities and tardiness. He commanded so much respect.

Minute's lather everywhere was still quiet and Tuna was not forthcoming. Then someone burst into laughter shouting

"Na prank oo. It was a prank oo."

There were loud hisses, then laughter and noises filled the class again.

I so badly wanted to merge into the laughter and noise.

You can do it.

You should do it.

The bell went off and we all became quiet. Because it was Economics and the teacher was a no-nonsense man.

Hours later, I went to submit my selected subjects to the Arts Department. I was on my way back when I bumped into someone.
I moved back immediately.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going."

The boy I bumped to said, I looked up. It was the boy I saw on the first day of resumption. The one that spoke to me after I got down from the car. The one that asked me if I was mesmerized by Cresent High. I saw his eyes lit up in recognition. He pointed to me.

"You are the girl I saw the other time, right?"

I nodded.

"Oh, are you fine?" He crossed his arms over his chest. "Hope you're enjoying our school?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm fine."

He nodded immediately, "Of course you're fine. There's no way you won't be fine in this school."

You say what?

"Anyway, I'm Junior, they call me Senior Junior."

I burst into laughter before I could stop myself.

Senior Junior?

"Now, I get that every time I tell juniors my name."

"How did you know I'm a junior?"

He shrugged. "I'm in SS3 and I've not seen you around, so that means you're my junior."

I nodded slowly and inched my head towards my classroom. I could see the English teacher entering.