Chapter 7

~time skip to after school~
Todorokis pov
Class 1a pour out of the classroom at end of the day, loud voices of friends making plans and jokes. I'm the last one out apart from Izuku. Waiting for me with a smile I couldn't help reflect slightly.He seemed different since our training, he had that look in his eyes... the determined one, the one you know you can't stop. Still, his presence is just as  soothing  and it's not something I want to give up right now. "midoriya can i walk wi-"
"DEKU!!" Midoriya turns roumd as uraraka runs up to him, wrapping an arm around his shoulder whilst the freckled boy laughs. For some reason I felt sick, sick and somehow angry.... sighing I decide just to slip away from them, after all Midoriya would probably want to walk home with his actual close friends... not me.
I can't help but feel as though he pities me, ever since I opened up to him ... yes I admit we have been closer but...
I sigh as I reach the front door of my house, opening it slowly and slipping off my shoes. Quietly I head through the kitchen before a voice sends shivers down me.
"Shouto! You're back!"
I breathed in relief.. it was fuyumi. I have to admit me and my sister might have well been strangers, I hadn't grown up with her at all however she's still better than my father. " yeah, is he here?"
That was always my first question. Always
Fuyumi nodded." hes in his study.. And he wants to see you." I scoff and head to my room, only to be blocked by the mass of the man himself.
His booming voice makes me shiver as a large, heavy hand is placed on my shoulder." training room, now shouto"
I roll my eyes "I have home-" I'm met with a backhand to the face, the impact stinging and making my left eye water.
"You will not speak to me that way boy do you understand? "
I need to keep up the act, I cannot, I refuse to let him see me weaken.
Hands on my shirt, shaking me, feeling as though even my bones are rattling against each other.
"Do you understand?!"
I stay silent against his torrent of anger, this is rewarded with a punch to the stomach that sent me reeling, coughing and winded from the pain."insolent  boy, answer me"
Before I have time to catch a breath, I'm being pulled up by my arm... My arm thats bent to protect myself... my arm that lets out a terrifying snap
We both freeze...
The pain hit me like a bus and I felt sick with agony. But I had to move, pushing myself up I stumble for the door, ignoring the shouts behind me as I scramble outside,  gripping my arm, the pain almost blinding,  as I'm met by a cold rain i start running, just running towards the only place I feel... anything.

Izukus pov
I wave goodbye to Uraraka and Iida, heading up the stairs to my apartment. Pushing open the door I'm met with my mother sat on the kitchen table and I remember the text I sent earlier.
"I'm home " she turns to me and smiles."how was your day Izuku?" I place my bag down and sit opposite her." It was okay" she nods and clears her throat." So what was it that you were supposed to talk to me about? " i take a breath. This was the right thing  wasnt it? Shouto needed help and... going behind his back felt so wrong but I remember the promise I had made.. the oath I took to protect others and I nodded to myself. I had to tell her. She would help him.. she had done it for so many other kids
"mom theres this b-"
We were interrupted by a knock at the door and I got up to answer it, smiling to my mom as she sat back down. I notice that its still raining, the sky a stormy grey as I unlock the door . Opening it slowly I freeze.

"T...Todoroki?..."