Chapter 6

Todoroki pov
Fear manifestation? That was his quirk? As me and Izuku watched I couldn't help but panic about what we were about to see. My fear...we should run, get away from it but I was frozen. Why won't my goddamn feet move?! My breathing came out in ragged gasps everything seemed to be happening at an exruiciating pace. Do I even know my fear? I need to think rationally but my mind is so clouded.
I felt my breathing catch and it felt as though all blood had drained from my terrified corpse. It had taken form.... oh god.. I'm shaking, I'm shaking and I can't breathe... please.. stop ... stop...his screams feel as though they are shaking my core.
It's just like the nightmares, the same terror I the same scene... this has to stop.. my ears feel as though they are bleeding and all I can do is stare, mortified at my deepest fear.
I am filled will horror and dread to maybe be .. maybe he just like him. Cold eyes and hate . Abusing those who i.... Am supposed to love. I can't  take it... The fear is too much.
Izuku pov
I can't help but watch, my fear almost measuring t- no Izuku.. focus. I rack my brain and urgently charged up my power, using two fingers to expel power, just like I used against Shinzou .The shadows disperse immediately, images shimmering out of existence in wispy tendrils. I sighed in relief before realising that Todoroki was mumbling to himself, eyes still focussed ahead, his face.... it hurt me .. the pain in his eyes.
"Todoroki? Todoroki??"
He can't hear me? Oh god his breath is speeding up even more, I need to do something to snap him out of it. What can I do? Without thinking I grab Todoroki and pull him close. I need to comfort him. My chest is so tight seeing him like this... his fear.. he's afraid that he will become his father... my urge to help him has never been so suffocating.
My thoughts clear as he wraps his arms around me, head buried in the crook of my neck. I play with his hair slowly. This felt... this felt right. Even if I was just trying to calm him, even if this was just a training exercise.
"It's okay Todoroki... it's not real..."
I murmur softly in his ear until I feel him relax.
Everything passed over me and it was just me and him, our hearts beating in sinc as I let my warmth comfort him.
After a while I felt him sigh and I pulled away slightly.
"We should keep going"
It was a long moment before he nodded and we got up slowly, his movements shaky. We continued down the path, not realising how close we were as we exited the maze without any other conflict. We were silent and I could feel that Todoroki was in thought. We passed through the gates and I studied Todoroki. What was he thinking about?
"Todoroki?"
He turned to face me and I gave him a soft smile, hoping to reassure him. He was about to say something but present mics voice rang out across the grounds.
" alright that's our third team all done! Next up we have Bakugou and kirishima"
I smiled, we had passed the training at least but ... I need to talk to Todoroki,
" hey midoriya...."
I was snapped from my thoughts as I turned to see Todoroki smiling softly at me
When I tell you my heart stopped...
" yeah?" I questioned." Thankyou "
I tilt my head.. what did he mean? I didn't do anything to deserve thanks.
"Why are you thanking me?"
He looks at me calmly. " you helped me snap out of it back there and if you hadn't ..."
I giggle, earning a confused look from him.
"It's okay Todoroki!!"
He smiled at me again, even though it was small it sent warmth up my spine.
However  today after seeing Todorokis fear, I knew what I had to do... I knew I had to help him, because it seemed as though it was still happening, his fathers abuse ...
I got out my phone and sent a message to my mother, letting her know I needed to talk to her. A part of me was still unsure about going behind his back but the larger part was the desire to get him out of his situation... to save him...even if it mean he resented me for it because meddling where you don't need to ... is the essence of being a hero