31. From Up Above

"and you need to know,
that you keep me up all night, all night."

Rivia: Ajayib, Town of Central Rivia, Elianna's Residence

Elianna

After Thunder left, she sat in her room by herself wondering why the room felt so empty even when she couldn't see to accurately grasp the concept of space. His words tugged at her heart, knowing the truth in what he said. She sat around and waited for him to return. Time crawled by, but the silence in the hollowing space of her room still remained. Perhaps it's already late because weariness had hit her but she promised to herself that she would be awake at the first sound she heard. She rested against the soft cushions at the seating area and drifted off.

"Eli." Someone pushed against her shoulder gently and she jolted awake. The voice sounded again, "Why are you sleeping here?"

"Thunder?" She tried reaching for the arm that nudged on her. Once she caught it, her hands bunched onto the material of his sleeves tightly.

"I'm sorry for just now," Thunder muttered apologetically. Pulling on her arm, he said, "Come, let me bring you to rest on the bed."

She stood up and followed. Dropping her head low, she murmured softly, "You're right, Thunder. I feel remorseful."

"I'll forgive you if you promise that you'd not leave me."

"Thunder, I'm human," she laughed softly. "I would have to leave you when I'm too old."

"Then, make sure you'd only leave when you're too old to breathe," he tutted. 

"What will you do after?" she asked, careful in approaching. 

"I'll look after your little brat," he said though his tone fell, knowing that a parting would be inevitable eventually. 

"Look at you, my immortal father," she poked fun at him, chuckling happily. 

"That's gross, Eli. I'm still a youngling for my race!" Thunder scolded. "And you're being ridiculous. I'm not immortal, I simply have a longer lifespan." 

Elianna burst out laughing, immediately erasing any tension that existed between them. She held onto Thunder's arm as she walked with him to the bed. He settled her down and tucked her in before mentioning, "I'll be settling down in the quarters just beside yours, call me if anything."

"Kiran arranged it for you?" she asked.

"Yes, she told me when I returned."

"That's great. Good night, Thunder." she grinned.

"Good night, Eli."

When she heard his fading footstep, she immediately propped herself up on one elbow and called out to him again, "Thunder?"