5. Let Me

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Rowan's Bedchamber

Elianna

Her sudden kiss must have taken Rowan by surprise because his body tensed and he remained unmoved. But he recovered from his shock almost immediately because an arm reached to circle around her waist. Following that, she felt the slingshot of velocity when she was held up high and dropped into the soft mattress in one single swing. A giggle bubbled off her chest as she smiled into the kiss. Laughter was indeed contagious because a low chuckle rose from Rowan and reverberated in her ears in a sweet, warm way that caused her back to arch off the bed as she leaned closer into the kiss.

She felt his weight settled on her. He was leaning so close to her as if she was his lifeline and his very breath depended solely on her. Yet, in actuality, he was her salvation. The heavy-weighted pressure felt on her body was an unmistakable reminder to keep her in the reality of everything. Every patch of his bare skin that came in contact with hers scorched her and rushed all other thoughts out of her mind, igniting her desire to be lost in these feelings forever.

The kiss turned hungry and desperate as their tongues swirled and danced with each other. She knew that she was moving rather clumsily but she didn't care. Afraid that if she was to break this moment, all of it will shatter and turn to dust.

She wanted so badly to drown herself in the depths of this moment. Lightheaded and out of breath, she whimpered and pleaded for air. He broke off the kiss and landed a light peck on her lips. Tangling his fingers through her hair, his lips continuously made gentle passes on her lips before tracing along her jaw and down the length of her neck.

His hands carefully removed every item of her medical garb. In a moment, she was left in her chemise. When she came to her realisation, her hands shot up instinctively to cover herself. Heat rushed into her cheeks and her eyes searched for his brilliant blue ones. The smile on his face was filled with the usual adoration and affection when he looked at her. A light chuckle resonated off him and he tugged his top off him.

"Better?" he grinned.

She flinched and nodded shyly. Her throat worked on a nervous swallow when she stared at those perfectly sculpted muscles ripping as he moved his arms. Her fingers reached to smooth over the multiple scars on his body. Her heart clenched painfully because she wanted to know each and every story behind all these, regardless of how minuscule they may be.

His hands gripped on hers and he moved them to wrap onto the back of his neck. He lifted her up, allowing her to straddle against him. His fingers fiddled playfully with the hem of her chemise and locked his gaze on her, requesting for permission. The corners of her lips lifted as she raised her arms, allowing him to pull the dress over her. In one smooth motion, she was left all bare in front of him.