RIVALS

Nile came up against Masamune in the first match. The game concluded dreadfully, with Team Wild Fang winning. Masamune was given a nasty shock when he learned that there are some truly formidable bladers out there.

Masamune sat at the table in the waiting room, angry. "Hey, don't be sad! You did great out there!" Celia pats his shoulder and says.

"Yes, Gingka's match against Kyoya is still on," Madoka explains.

"You've got to win!"  Masamune tells Gingka.

"I can't keep losing like this and expect to be the number one blader, therefore I'm counting on you."

"Does he seem to be regaining some brain cells?" Yuu answers.

"It appears to be the case." Tsubasa concurs.

Benkei is cheering and praising Nile in the other waiting room.

"Does he ever stop talking?"

Benkei starts talking more louder, which irritates Kyoya until Demure speaks out.

"Are you okay, Nazumi-san?" Everyone turns to her, who is sitting on the couch and clutching her arm.

"Isn't it true that I'm useless?"

"What are you on about?" Nile says

"I might not be able to play again because of this injury.  I've let a dumb mistake wreck my life, and all I can do now is watch helplessly. Now that Benkei is here, I believe you'll be better off without me."  As they listen to her cry, tears fall down her face.

"No, you aren't." Kyoya takes the initiative and speaks up.

"Huh?" When she stares at him, he stands up and places his hand on her head.

"You're just as important to the team as the others, and who said you couldn't Beyblade anymore?  That's a load of crap."

Kyoya was praising her? She couldn't believe her ears. This was certainly unusual.

"You...."

"Anyway, we've got a match to get to, so let's get going." As the rest of them follow him to the arena, Nazumi smiles and nods.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The match between Kyoya and Gingka was more fierce than normal. Both of them immediately use their special moves, and their beys collide more forcefully than normal. The tornadoes in Kyoya were bigger than they'd ever been.

"I guess his training in the valley of storms paid off," adds Nazumi.

"Valley of storms?" Benkei murmurs, his head cocked in bewilderment.

"It happened before you joined in the good old days." Demure and Nazumi both laugh at Nile's remark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyoya, Nile, Demure, and Nazumi were walking through a sandstorm in Nile's homeland. They were dressed in cloaks and wore hoods over their heads. The three of them fought to walk till the storm subsided.

"The valley of storms lies ahead." As they lower their hoods, Nile says.

"This is insufficient for a storm." As they stare into an uninhabited place surrounded by rocks and mountains, Kyoya remarks.

"Take a look ahead." They continue walking till Kyoya notices massive tornadoes in the area.

"Oh my god, those things are massive," Nazumi explains.