BETRAYAL

"Ryuga!"

"What exactly is going on here?" Ryuga inquires, leaping from the aircraft as it takes off.

"Well, Ryuga, my friend, we've finally discovered what these cunning rats were up to." Doji asserts, and Yuu agrees.

"Yeah, they were berating L-Drago and you!"

"Oh?" Ryuga smirks and casts a glance our way.

"Well, princess, I wasn't expecting you to be quite as cunning as Tsubasa."

I took a step forward to address him, but Tsubasa blocked my path.

"Your competition is with me, not with her; I will defeat you."

"Take a step back, Ryuga! This will be taken care of." Doji and Yuu were in the process of launching their beys.

"No, refrain from firing. I will see to it that this is taken care of." Ryuga walks by them, but Doji is adamant.

"Ryuga, my friend, you need not be concerned about these small pests."

"No, I'm going to fight him. Did you desire to witness my might? You're trying to defeat me, aren't you? You bring a smile to my face! I shall demonstrate my true strength!"

Tsubasa was about to launch his bey, but I had already launched mine and it collided with L-Drago.

"Celia! How are you? I'll take care of him." I shake my head in response to Tsubasa's statement.

"I've got this; I'm going to weaken him little; you shouldn't waste your strength."

"Stupid woman! Do you dare to put yourself in our way? I will seize your authority! L-Drago, soaring dragon emperor bite strike!" L-Drago collides with Fire eagle, propelling it into the air yet keeping it spinning once it reaches the ground.

"I am not as frail as you believe! Altair, flying fire spinning wheel!"

The fire eagle clashes with L-Drago but is pushed back.

"Ha! Do you believe that will work? That merely increases the potency of my bey!" I begin to feel weaker than before, but I return my gaze to Tsubasa. He observes with an angry and disturbed expression on his face. He is unaware of how frail I am at the moment.

"I'm going to put an end to it right here, right now!" L-Drago struck fire eagle once more, drawing more energy from me this time. Something struck me as if someone had slashed me in half. I exhale and collapse to the ground, my world spinning around me. Tsubasa calling out my name and Ryuga laughing were the last sounds I heard.

~~~~~~~~~

A bright light greeted me when I opened my eyes. I attempted to move but was restrained by a hospital bed's straps around my hands and feet. My arm was attached to an IV line. I attempted to fight against the bindings, but all I heard was a laugh.

"I'm delighted you're awake, my friend." Doji is standing right in front of me.

"Doji! What does this mean? Why am I being confined to this bed?!"

"You were frail, and thus I assisted in your strengthening. You wouldn't want to lose your abilities to Ryuga once more, would you?"

"What are you referring to? Where has Tsubasa gone?"

"Tsubasa? Your little boyfriend has vanished."

"Gone? What exactly did you do to him?!" I screamed, fighting even harder against the bindings.

"I committed no wrong against him. He escaped and abandoned the organization."

"That I do not believe! He would not abandon me here alone."