SOARING

~Slight NSFW later on~

Because Kyoya had forfeited, Tsubasa and Yu were chosen to compete for the final slot on the team. Nazumi had left town again, and Gingka was somewhere thinking about what Kyoya said. No one knows where Kyoya went, but he was rumored to be joining a new team. Masamune, Yu, Kenta, and Celia were all eating lunch in the WBBA lobby.

"My only remaining battle is with Tsubasa, and even if I win, I don't want to be a sub!" Yu expresses his displeasure.

"Please, no more whining. You were at least fortunate to be pitted against me, the world's number one blader; you were doomed from the start." Celia rolls her eyes as Masamune says.

"Oh, just shut up."

"This isn't right!" Yu is still having a temper tantrums.

"Hey, even if you're a sub, you're still considered a member of the team!" Kenta tries to cheer him up with his words.

"Hey guys, I've got some exciting news!" Madoka appears and approaches them.

"What's up?" As everyone turns around, Celia speaks.

"So the WBBA has decided to use Tsubasa and Yu's battle to choose who will be the final regular member!"

"Really? So, if I defeat Tsubasa, I'll be able to join as a regular member?" Yu leaps to his feet, excited.

"That is, assuming you win. If you lose, you'll be demoted to a substitute." Masamune says as he takes a sip of his drink.

"Shut up, please. I'm going to win, and I'm not going to let you get in my way again!"

"Huh? When was the last time I got in your way?"

Celia and Yu both break out in a cold sweat. "Did he just say when?"

"But think about it," Madoka continues, "after his match with Kyoya, Tsubasa will be much more determined to become a regular member."

"Yeah, and he's a good blader in general. He'll be difficult to defeat if he attacks you hard." Masamune says, causing Yu to panic.

"You're correct."

"Any news from Tsubasa, Celia?" Kenta inquired, and she responded with a shake of her head.

"He needs some time alone to clear his mind."

Tsubasa sat in the jungle later that night. There was a tiny fire going as he sipped his hot cocoa. As he pondered what had happened with Kyoya, his eagle circled the sky.

"What was that?" His gaze shifted from his hands to the sky.

"It's a good thing you saved me, eh Eagle?" He smiles till he hears rustling and footsteps behind him. He stood up with his guard up. He sighed and sat back down as he realized who it was.

"It's just you."

"Sorry about that. I simply wanted to check in on you and see how you were doing." Celia approaches him and takes a seat on the opposite side of the log.

"No, I owe you an apology. I should not have acted in such a manner. I had no idea what happened to me. Because I didn't want you to get hurt, I had to take action."

Celia leans in close to her boyfriend and grabs the mug from his grip. She sets it down on the ground and turns to face him.

"You no longer have to worry about injuring me. I'm capable of defending myself. I don't know what I'd do if you weren't here, and I can't imagine what it would be like without you."