I knew my girl would be okay. She had outrun numerous arrows before. I stab one of the pirates I am fighting, watching him fall before retreating my sword.

Usually, I was very overprotective over her and would never have let her fight on her own like that, but I trusted her. She had done it before. Why was this time different?

I look back at Y/N after fighting off a few more pirates to see that someone was behind her that she didn't notice.

"Y/N!" I call to her, but its too late. Me calling her caused her to look over at me, distracting her. She was hit with an arrow right in the back.

I instantly run to her. It takes me a bit to get to her because I am far away, but by the time I reach her, she is already almost dead.

I could have been quicker, I shouldn't have called her name. I could have made it in time. I hate myself for not being there on time.

"Y/N, no no no no, " I say as she chokes up her own blood. I lay her head on my lap. I don't realize that tears are staining my cheeks until she looks up at me with more concern for me than herself.

"Peter, " she says.

"You're going to be okay, " I tell her. I try to use my magic to heal her, but I am getting distracted by pirates around me trying to shoot their arrows at me. The lost boys were doing their best to stop them from shooting at me and Y/N.

She is too damaged for me to heal her. I don't have enough magic to heal her. The little bit I can do is only causing her more pain.

"Peter, I'll be okay, " she tries to comfort me, but it's doesn't work.

The pirates around us eventually leave and Y/N is just dying in my arms.

"Baby, please stay with me. It will be okay, I promise. Just stay with me," I say, but I can't stop the flow of tears down my face.

The lost boys have all surrounded her, but I told them to give her space. Only I can be this close to her right now.

"Peter, " she says choking and not completely being able to get her words out. "I love you."

"No, don't say that Y/N, you will be fine, please, please, I need you."

"Peter, " she says once more. "Just say it back Peter, please."

A sob escapes my lips. I hold her face in my hands and lean down to kiss her. "I love you too Y/N."

She smiles a small sad smile before going completely limp.

"Y/N, no no no no, please. Please don't die on me. I need you, baby, please. I need you. Come back." The tears pour down harder. I can't control them.

I keep doing everything I can to get her to wake up, but it is no use. She is gone and there's nothing I can do.

I sit here for a long time with her dead body in my arms, crying and pleading for her to come back. I kiss her forehead over and over as if that would help.

This isn't fair. She doesn't deserve this. I should be the one who dies, I'm the villain. Not her.

"And high up above or down below. When your too in love to let it go."

Everywhere I go, I can only see the moments with Y/N. The moments when I do leave the tent, I see her face everywhere. Its almost like I hallucinate her sometimes. 

I see the campfire. Memories of her at the campfire flood my brain, but one stands out.

Y/N dances around the campfire with all the other lost boys while I play my pipes, watching her while smiling. She often looks over at me, smiling back at me. after I finish the song I'm playing, I stand up and walk over to her. She laughs and I put my hands on her waist, pulling her in for a kiss.

My hands travel up her sides. She laughs against the kiss as I start to tickle her. 

"Peter, stop," she says laughing "You know how much I hate being tickled!"

She runs away but I chase after her. She knows she's no match for me so she turns around putting her hands up in surrender. We are both laughing as I gently push her against the nearest tree.

I lean in for another kiss.

I walk past the tree that we had our first kiss at. The day we admitted our feelings to each other so long ago.

I left the camp to go find Y/N. We had a little argument and I wanted to go apologize to her.

When I found her, she was sitting against a tree crying. I sat next to her without saying a word.

For a few minutes, no words were spoken between us until I said something. 'Hey... Y/N, I'm sorry."

She looked up at me and slightly smiled. She had stopped crying, but she still had tear streaks on her face. I reached my hand over to wipe them and turn her face towards me.

I didn't say anything when I just leaned in and kissed her. She immediately kissed back. Her lips were warm and soft.

"I love you," I told her.

"I love you too," she said back. we then leaned in again for another perfect kiss.

Everywhere I go, everything I see, it all only brings back those memories. I can never let her go.

"But if you never try, you'll never know just what you're worth."

Y/N was the only one who ever showed me what true love felt like and actually made me believe that I was good. I had done bad things, Many that I regret, but she taught me how to leave it all in the past and move on. I don't know if I can do that without her.

"Lights will guide you home And ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you."

I love her so much. I wish I could speak to her just one last time. To tell her how much I love her and how I always will. How I hope that I was everything she wanted as she was for me. How I wish that I could make up everything I did to her that made her upset. How I hope that she will be happy. How all I ever wanted was to show her happiness.

"tears stream down your face when you lose someone you cannot replace. Tears stream down your face I promise I will learn from my mistakes."

I sit there, Y/N's head on my lap after she dies in my arms. She is still and unmoving. I cry for so long. I kiss her forehead numerous times. 

"I love you, I love you so much Y/N," I repeat over and over even though she can't hear me.

I lost the love of my life. I will never love anybody the way I loved her. 

"I'm so sorry baby, I will never hurt you again, just please come back to me," I say letting more tears fall. "Please," I whisper.

There is nothing I can do I realize. I had lost the most important thing to me.

"Lights will guide you home And ignite your bones, and I will try to fix you."

I stand here now, holding her favorite flower. All the lost boys are behind me and we grieve over the death of our lost girl. My lost girl. Her grave was just a simple gravestone with her name written on it with the words "Our first Lost Girl" underneath.

I lay the flower down on her grave, blow her a kiss followed by one last "I love you Y/N."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there's that! I know this was kinda sad, but it was really fun to write. Thank you for reading. Please vote and comment suggestions!