Chapter 1

So this is basically set after the sports festival and they don't go into dorms yet... as I said I'm super new to writing so this story will probably be bad but... oh well

Midoriya sighed, closing his textbook for the night, having completed only half of the work assigned as something was clawing at his mind like a hungry animal.
It was the day after the sports festival and Izuku couldn't focus...
One person clouded his thoughts.
He had noticed the signs within that duel haired coloured boy... his conflict .. his pain from the very start.He knew that Shouto Todoroki was broken, he had seen his mother describe it so many times before. Sometimes she brought over the children she had rescued and Midoriya saw that same pain and fear in their eyes. Never having felt warmth, hardened or weak hearts. His mother was a child service worker, helping abused children, who's pain mostly stemmed from quirk marriages and parents who only want children to build like weapons. It's sickening.

It wasn't as apparent in Todoroki's eyes ,seemingly he's buried  the pain and fear under hate and anger but it was there.And seeing it within him lit something in Izuku .
He had opened up to Midoriya, told him his story, and Izuku had tried to help him, it seemed to be his natural instinct to reach out, Yes he had broken some of Todoroki's walls but....
"It's your quirk! Yours not his!" I see his eyes widen , beads of glistening sweat rolling down his face. Steam was closing my vision now but I could still see the affect my words had on him...
Those words , I must admit they had spilled out of me In a moment of pure adrenaline filled desperation. Needing him to realise ...

I sigh and head to the kitchen to get a glass of water , carefully stepping down the stairs so I don't risk waking my mother.
My head is so  full of conflict, should I try and help Todoroki further? Should i inform his mother of the boys situation..i want  to help him but I don't know the best way...
There  was also another thing.
Yes i  feel  inclined to help anyone in trouble, that was a hero's job wasn't it? However with Todoroki... its just so much more of a deeper.. burning desire to see him smile, to know that he is okay.  I want to make him feel safe..but i know that this cant be accomplished easily with the amount of pain in his past.
I decide to myself quietly, my eyes now full of determination.

I have to get closer to Todoroki
I have to help him.

Hey~ Thankyou for reading
Any suggestions or criticism is accepted gratefully. Hope u enjoy the story