6 - Mana Gathering Stage

Start from the beginning

One of Cultivation Method must reach stage two before the user's stage can level up.

That is what the HELP page of the Summoning Grimoire answer to him when he ask the book. That is the reason why he is meditating, he's trying to reach Stage 2 in Myriads Beast Soul Branch Cultivation Method.

Cole's close eyes open and he summon the grimore and it flips to its second page.

Players Name : Cole
Level : 10 (Body Tempering Stage)
Class : Tamer
Status : Healthy
Exp : 19999/20000
Health : 2310
Energy : 2110
Tamed Beast : <none>
Soulbound Beast : Blue Land Turtle (Lv10)
Weapon : Summoning Grimoire
Equipment : <none>
Skills : Find Loots
Innate : Heavenly Eyes
Martial Spirit : Messiah Tree
Cultivation Method : Myriads Beast Soul Branch Method (Stg1), Heavenly Beast God Method (Stg1)

The Blue Land Turtle also reach a Lv10, however, he is also unable to level up and the grimoire said,

Soulbound beast can't exceed the level of he's master.

It seems like our level is also synchronized. That is also why Cole is determined to level up. In this place where the strong eats the weak, he need to become more stronger. Strength is what he need to revenge everyone in the boy's village and most of all, strength is the only thing that can protect him. If he is weak so us his beast.

Besides, he is not sure if he can be revive like in the game where when the player died he can still respawn. Until he can't make sure if this mechanism still responding, he should better be safe than sorry. Cole stare at the cultivation method and its details appear.

Myriads Beast Soul Branch Cultivation Method
Stage : First
Proficiency : 99.9%
Effect : 49 available soul contract [+49]

Heavenly Beast God Cultivation Method
Stage : First
Proficiency : 49.0%
Effect : Increase defense

It seems like fifty branch is needed for Myriads Beast Soul Brand Cultivation Method to become stage two. I only need one more branch and I will breakthrough.

After checking the information, Cole go back to meditating. It looks like he just need a one final push and he will breakthrough.

Cole relax both his body and mind and focus. Seconds later, his consciousness arrive to a pitch black space with a blue colored light. His consciousness arrive at his soul! But unlike the flame shape soul before, his soul looks like a tree! It's splitting and become like a tree branch! If a cultivator is here and will see what is happening, he will surely die of envy!

Soul is the most fragile part of the body. Unlike the body that is easy to heal when damage, one wrong move in the soul will result in a very devastating damage! One will become an idiot if not dead! That is how fragile soul is. Cultivator needs to pass a certain cultivation stage before he can start to temper his soul but Cole is doing it when he is still in the Body Tempering Stage. If anyone knows this, no one can say what will happen to Cole!

The tree like Cole's soul that has 49 branches suddenly shake, minutes later a bulge suddenly appear on the left side of the tree and hour later a new branch has form! The soul tree has now fifty branches! It's a success!

Myriads Beast Soul Branch Cultivation Method
Stage : First
Proficiency : 100%
Effect : 50 available soul contract [+50]

"Myriads Beast Soul Branch Technique" has fullfilled its First Stage requirements.
Cultivation Method level up!

Myriads Beast Soul Branch Cultivation Method
Stage : Second
Proficiency : 0.0%
Effect : 50 available soul contract

One of the Cultivation Method has reached the Second Stage. Requirement to next Cultivation Stage has been fullfilled.
Cultivation Stage level up!

Congratulations to the user for leveling up to the Second Stage (Lv11/Mana Gathering Stage)
Professions is now unlocked! Please find a master and start a profession.

Series of notifications appear in front of Cole when he open his eyes. He smile.

It seems like every ten levels is a stage. Level 1 to 10 is Body Tempering Stage and Level 11 to 20 is Mana Gathering Stage. I'm sure Level 21 to 30 is the Core Formation Stage and Level 31 to 40 is the Nascent Soul Stage and after that I have no idea. It seems like I really need to find a city now. I need information. Cole said to his head.

Cole gets out the from Inner World and he reappear outside of what seems like a cave. He checked the time outside and when he see that it was dark he go back inside the Inner World.

Might as well cultivates this time. It's now dark anyway.