Chapter 2

Tyler's POV:

Dear Tyler Oakley,

        Hey! Thanks for sending me your letter. I am slightly disappointed at how short it was, but I'm glad you at least did it because I don't want to be that one awkward kid in class...oh well. 

-Troye Mellet

        My jaw dropped as I finished scanning over the letter in my hands. I'm not an author, hell, my letter was only a paragraph long, but I could not contain my bemusement at the one sentence he sent me. Was this kid, Troye, trying to make me fail? I sighed. I already had a terrible grade in this class, so if this essay doens't go well, I probably won't be able to graduate or will have to take SUMMER SCHOOL. And it stucks, because I JUST managed to pull my English grade up to a C. Well shit. Troye Mellet, you better straighten up your letters or I will fricking send you a diary about a fake man. I then bit my lip as an idea popped in my head...I raised my hand tentatively.

        "Yes Mr. Oakley?" Mr. Larson asked in his usual quietness. This classroom might as well have been a library full of corpses; the silence was just so deafening! 

        "I-Is it possible for me to be assigned a new pen pal?" I asked with raised eyebrows. He stared at me with no expression, just blinking twice. Right as I felt my soul caving in from his stare, he finally spoke again.

        "No." He replied firmly in his painfully slow and monotonous voice. My lips parted and I nodded once. I guess that answered my question...

        "So Tyler," Alfie whispered next to me. Alfie was sweet, but he sometimes spoke before thinking. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't dumb or rude in anyways, he was just a littttttle bit slow. "You get a hot girl?" He asked, nodding his head once towards the letter I was holding. I just rolled my eyes at him.

        "Fuck off Alfie." I muttered and he furrowed his bushy black eyebrows. After more amount of time than the average person would need to figure out the reasoning behind my response, his eyes widened and he grit his teeth nervously.

        "Oh sorry man, I totally forgot." He apologized, remembering how I had come out to him about being gay only a month ago. "So uh...cute...guy?" He questioned in a small voice. I just rolled my eyes again.

        "No my penpal is quite the ass. How about you?" I asked him back. He chuckled.

        "Do I have a cute guy?" He replied sarcastically, with a cheeky smile. I nudged his shoulder playfully hard with my hand, but the corners of my lips lifted up into a smile. "My pen pal's name is Zoe. She tells me she's British but moved to Australia for something regarding her parents divorce. Shame really, she seems pretty sweet." He sighed and gazed back down at his letter. I just shook my head at him. What an idiot. He had been trying so hard to get a girlfriend for the past year and a half, since his last one cheated on him and dumped his sorry ass. But would he really go to lengths of falling in love with written words? Cheap.

        "Oh well. Sucks for the both of us." I groaned. Suddenly, the bell resounded throughout the school, indicating the start of lunch, and I grinned. Finally. FOOD. I stood up instantly, not even bothering to wait for Alfie as I made my way for the door. What? I'm a man with priorities, and food is at the top of my list.

        "Tyler, wait, I need to see you for a moment." Mr. Larson said dully. I clenched my jaw and turned back around. Who on Earth did this man think he is to stall me from filling my stomach? "You have one more envelope for today." My face eased up. I what? Another envelope? We were only supposed to get one at a time. I stepped forward carefully and grasped my fingers around the folded ivory colored paper.