Chapter 67

I started stressing out A LOT because this chapter was shorter than I thought and wanted to give you guys the best but this chapter felt really inadequate :(

Therefore I gave you some smut

Tyler's POV:

       I let out a staggered breath and swallowed hard as I got ready to stand. God I was not ready for this, not at all. Okay well, technically I was, but I was too nervous to believe so. After I picked up my cap and gown a few days ago, the principal called me to the office. Honestly, I was terrified. I knew I did nothing wrong but I kept thinking of everything I COULD have done wrong. What if I forgot to pay for one meal in the cafeteria? What if I wasn't allowed to graduate? It just turns out the principal wanted me to write a speech for graduation, and I wasn't about to say no to the head of the school.

       I went through nearly 15 drafts of the speech, and Troye wouldn't even let me read him the last one! I was admittedly pissed at him and I think he knew, but he didn't say anything. My anger went away of course, but I was still a bit bothered. Now I was just preparing for the speech as the valedictorian finished up. 

       "Alright, now we're going to bring up Tyler Oakley to read a small statement he wrote." She grinned cheerfully before stepping back. The crowd roared with applause, but for some reason I could barely hear it. I took the few notecards they let me carry and placed it on the podium in front of me. With a deep breath, I looked up to see the crowd. It was so large I couldn't find my family anywhere, but that was okay. I think it even made me less nervous.

       "Why hello everyone, my name's Tyler Oakley." I greeted, plastering a huge grin on my features. "So I wrote speech after speech but everything was either completely cliche or had no meaning. I actually considered emailing the principal saying that I was unable to write one, but then I decided to just go through my yearbook. I haven't looked at it in about a week, so I wanted to refresh myself on all the notes I got. When I opened it though, something fell out. Something I forgot I put in it as a bookmark. You see, at the beginning of the year, my english teacher set up a penpal project with a class in Australia. I thought it was the most stupid thing in the world." A few people chuckled at my statement. "Seriously, I was a terrible penpal. Gradually I warmed up to him and actually we've met a few times. Now I'm moving with him to Los Angeles, my best friend is moving to Brighton with his penpal, and life is going on. The reason why I'm telling you this is because after high school we're going to look for serious jobs, serious relationships, serious living situations, but the good things aren't always going to start like we expect them too. They might seem worthless at first, but they will turn into something amazing. I guess that's kind of how life always is. You want everything to be perfect and good enough from the start but that's not how it works. You just have to give it some time  and everything will turn out okay. I mean, that's what high school was like for me. It seemed absolutely and entirely pointless until I found something worth going to school about, or rather someone. Just give life time and you'll  be okay." Once I finished, slow clapping started and then gradually quickened.

       I could feel my cheeks heating up as I smiled one last time before walking off stage.

~~~

       "Tyler you did amazing!" Hannah cheered once graduation was over and everyone was just hanging out, outside of the stadium. I smiled and shook my head, wrapping my arms around her in a hug. Slowly, Grace, Colleen, Marcus, Niomi, Alfie, and the others gathered around, all of us wearing our dark purple caps and gowns.

       "Really, Ty, your speech was outstanding." Alfie clapped a hand on my shoulder and I blushed, rolling my eyes. They all groaned lightly at my unwillingness to give in to the compliments.