Chapter 62

I updated three times today so make sure you read chapter 61 before this

Troye's POV: ~~Two Week Time Skip~~

       I clipped the last button on my white shirt and let out a sigh. I should be feeling excited and nervous and exhilarating, that's how you were supposed to feel when you interviewed with a college who actually wanted you. But no, instead all I could feel was a bit of anxiety pressed down under loads of guilt.

       I should of told him, or at least I should tell him now, but it kept getting more and more difficult. We Skyped for a majority of the week, and every time Tyler kept telling me about different apartments he found on Los Angeles realtor websites, sending me links and telling me his differing opinions on the building. Just two days ago, the last time we Skyped, he was completely fangirling over this one apartment he found—saying it was perfect for us and I had to look at it instantly! Admittedly, it was a pretty great apartment. It was right around our price range, near multiple colleges, and was just a little while away from different headquarters we might be interested in. The entire time he rambled on about its perfections I kept guiltily glancing over to the brochure of WAAPA that sat right besides my hand.

       My parents also had mixed feelings, like me. Obviously they told me they think I should go with the college because the college could affect my future and who knows how long Tyler and I would be together, but then they both began to backtrack and admit if all went well I'd have a steadier future with Tyler. Long story short of it, they were no help. Sage, of course, completely defended Tyler and said I had to move to Los Angeles. After one whole week of sitting glumly in my bed or pacing around my room, I came to the decision I would at least have an interview with them. Might as well—it's not like having an interview with them even assured me a place in their college. It would just be an interesting nice little tour.

       In fact, it's what I was preparing for right now. Tyler texted me multiple times asking if I was free to Skype today. At first I didn't reply at all, until he started to get worried and all I said was 'later' because I couldn't handle a conversation with him. The guilt would eat me away, which maybe it should. Maybe it's what I deserved, but I HAD to do this. I had to at least try. I let out one more deep breath and then slowly walked down the stairs.

       My dad was waiting for me in the kitchen, shaking his head imperceptibly before following me out to the car. He seemed just as stressed as I was. The entire car ride was silent, which meant I was left stressing out some more over my thoughts. The drive to the campus was long, nearly an hour at least. Finally, we parked and I was about to get out before my dad spoke.

       "Troye...are you sure you want to do this?" He asked and I froze. Was I? I mean...yeah of course but...maybe not.

       "Yes." I croaked out. He didn't say anything after that, just sighed and exited the car. I stumbled out, hurrying to catch up to his side before I did something stupid like got lost. "Do we have any idea who we are looking"—

       "Troye?" I furrowed my eyebrows at the familiar voice and turned the tiniest bit to find the one and only Cameron Dallas to my side. How he recognized me, how he even knew my name I had no idea. "Troye! Hey!" He greeted once I seemed to confirm it's me.

       "Um h-hi." I stammered nervously. I was more confused than anything.

       "I'm going to sign you into the front desk." My dad spoke before leaving my side and I nearly groaned, wishing he would come back and give me some excuse to follow him.

       "Troye! What's up? Are you going to this school in the fall?" Cameron asked, completely oblivious to my slight glare.

       "Uh well I...I haven't decided yet. It's either here or Los Angeles." I replied, deciding to make small talk while gazing around for an excuse to leave.