Chapter 20

(A-N: Is it selfish for me to say that if you send in fan art for this book or Accidentally I will post it on one of the chapters and mention you in the Author's Note in the beginning? Haha anyways comment what you think, I just find some so cool and it would keep me so motivated:))

Troye's POV:        

        I giggled girlishly as Connor tried to smear more of the cafeteria's spaghetti sauce on my cheek while I kept pushing him away. Our first week in a relationship was going really well so far. My mom hadn't found out yet, not the entire school knew (only close friends), and we undoubtfully happy together. I had no regrets about kissing him on Thanksgiving, and I didn't plan to.

        Of course the second I woke up the morning after Thanksgiving, I ripped a lined sheet of paper out of my spiral notebook and started scribbling down a letter to Tyler. I was way to eager to reread my writing afterward, instead I just stuffed it in an envelope and hurried down the stairs in my pajamas. I stepped outside onto the cold morning concrete and wrapped my arms around myself. I inhaled deeply, breathing in the scents of rain on tar and dead leaves. Something so gloomy but at the same time so comforting. I smiled with an accomplished feeling once I slipped the envelope into my mailbox, turning the red flag up and then deciding to sit on the porch outside of my house.

        I wasn't an outdoorsy guy, not at all. In fact, I usually try to avoid the outdoors as much as possible, instead locking myself in my room where we have technology. That day, I wasn't even going outside just because I had nothing to do inside. It just felt genuinely nice out there, and refreshing. It felt like everything was going to change from there on out, like everything was going to be different.

        It felt like I already met THE man, the guy I would be in love with for the rest of my life, the guy I would be happy with the rest of my life. I just had this feeling deep inside, sitting there and constantly reminding me that I'm happy. I let my eyes fall shut as I soaked in the cool air around me, for once not being nervous about anything. I doubt even my mom could have made me feel bad right then.

        And now here I was, sitting with the man himself, along with Zoe and her gang. Fortunately, the girls seemed to understand that we wanted our closeness, so they let us sit on the same bench, which was opposite of theirs. Also, we decided to sit outside in the bitter cold so, despite the weather, we were alone and could do what we please. Connor had his arm firmly wrapped around, and was laughing along to whatever remark Zoe said about us.

        "Seriously he would just ramble on and on about you." She continued and I blushed hard as I realized what she was saying.

        "Zoe." I groaned and buried my head into Connor's shoulder, but a soft smile grew on my face.

        "No, keep going, please." Connor teased and I playfully punched his side. "Okay well as much as I hate to say it, I should get going to my next class." He sighed, standing up and parting from my clingy gestures. "I'll text you after school on Sage's phone, I promise." He said with sympathy, puckering his lips at me. I chuckled and left a firm kiss on his lips before he walked away. When I turned back around, I found four girls propping their chins on their hands, staring at me intently with devious smiles planted onto their face.

        "What?" I questioned nervously and was answered with high pitch squeals.

        "YOU GUYS ARE SO CUTE!" Bethany nearly screamed as the girls giggled.

        "I am so not ever getting over you two!" Tanya added on and I rolled my eyes, but couldn't wipe the grin off my face. I stuffed my hands in my pockets and stared down at the table, the shy smile still on my face. I had never gotten attention over a relationship before, and it felt good.