Chapter 22

A-N: PLEASE READ! I know that last chapter I said there would be troyler meeting this chapter but ay that's happening next chapter! But here's the thing, this chapter is short and I'm updating them at the same time so you won't have to wait for me. Also,

Next chapter is in Tyler's POV, don't worry

Troye's POV:

                I groaned loudly at the incessant weeping of my alarm clock, crying out for me to just GET MY ASS OUT OF BED. I rolled onto my back and slowly, yet painfully, forced my eyes open. I sighed out as I adjusted to the light seeping through my window, even though it was still mostly dark. I moved over some more and picked up my phone, shutting off the alarm before checking the time. 4:30 am, one hour before my flight leaves.

        My flight.

        With that in mind, I eagerly jumped out of my bed and to my closet. I started pulling random shirts out, throwing them on the floor before I found the one I had been searching for. I was just going to go on the airplane in my pajamas, and then rush to change into something nicer in the airport restroom in Michigan. I had called Zoella the night before and filled her in on everything that happened with Connor. And no, Connor and I haven't talked since. I guess I felt a little bad for all the harsh things I said to him, but he had no right to go and belittle Tyler just because he lives in Michigan. After I had collected all my fresh clothes, my suitcase, and my carry on bag, I walked to the bathroom. Despite changing when I get to Michigan, I know I'll have no other time to fix my hair, so I had to put it in a quiff now.

        I ran my hand through my hair and then let out a content sigh. Only twenty hours and I'd be shaking hands with Tyler, talking to Tyler with no screen. I picked up my bags again and hurried out my door, about to stumble down the stairs when someone called my name. I turned and noticed Sage standing a few feet away, outside of her bedroom door. Her fingers were fiddling together as she bit her lip tentatively, as though she was nervous to say something. After a few seconds, she let out a sigh and walked up to me.

        "Be safe in Michigan." She finally let out, and then wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling me in for a hug. I dropped my bags by my sides and pulled her tighter to me. "I really hope you find the support you're looking for."

        "Thank you, Sage. Really." I gave a soft smile as I backed away and once again lifted my bags. "I'll see you soon." I replied, raising my arm to tap her elbow and then I went down the stairs. What I didn't expect to see was the rest of my family crowding around the front door, anxiously waiting for me. "Oh uh hey guys." I greeted, confusion etching my tone. They all nodded at me politely, properly, like I was an associate. 

        "Dad's driving you. I offered, but he insisted." Steele explained with a grin, clapping a hand on my back. "Have fun." I then turned to look at Tyde, who just smiled at me kindly, not that I expected more than him. He had been nice since talking to me, but a little more shy than usual, probably something having to do with not getting on my parents bad side. That was okay though, it's not like he was discrimminating against me or anything.

        "Alright then, let's go." I started, nodding my head towards the door, but I instantly felt a hand grasp my elbow. I let out a huff of air as I turned around to face who I thought was Steele. It wasn't.

        It was my mom. 

        I must have looked as surprised as I felt, because she hurriedly cowered away. 

        "I'll miss you Troye." She whispered, keeping her hand lightly resting on my elbow. My lips parted and I could feel the backs of my eyes stinging.