Is this a joke?

"Let me in, I know what you saw."
"What do you mean?"
"Don't play with me you son of a bitch."

I was in my room with the door locked as Charles angrily banged on my door. I was packing my things, I had to get out of here.

Just as I'm zipping my bag to exit the window he blows off my knob with a shotgun.

He enters with a 40 oz in hand and the gun in the other.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going? I knocked that bitch mother of yours unconscious, it's your turn to say night night bitch."

He points the gun directly between my eyes...I closed them both, I knew how insane this man was, how vindictive, and hurtful he can be. He was going to kill me. Honestly, I was ready to die.

"Don't you fucking touch my fucking baby you MOTHERFUCKERRRRR!!!!"

With the last word, my mother lets out round after round all on Charles.

"Thomas baby, are you okay" I examine my mothers face. Her eyes are bloodshot, face swollen. But her heart never falters.

"Can you walk?" Even while her being abused and clearly hurt. She was trying to take care of me. I stand and she does too but she collapses on the floor.

"Come on mom...stand, mom? Come on." I'm shaking her face, I open her eyes. I'm screaming out for her. But nothing. How did she just die.

"Why God? Why? Not her?"
"Thomas?"
"God please."
"Thomas?"
"Thomas, wake up"

I'm pulled from my Dream by Alesa shaking me. I woke up sweaty. The bed was drenched.

"Thomas are you okay? You were talking in you dream."

She says running a hand through my hair. Why does she care so much?

"I'm fine"

I stop her from running her hand through my hair, I get up from the bed. I examine it, and her. She's also wet, my sweat is all over her, and the bed harbors a puddle where my body laid. She's sitting on her knees just watching me. She moves to the edge of the bed to wrap her hands around me.

"Alesa stop"
"Thom-"
"What did I say? Quit! I don't need your concern, or your pity."

She sat back on her knees, and stared to search my face. I remained hard and cold. Eventually she swung her legs over the side and stood up and walked to where her stuff was.

She took of the shirt she was wearing and threw it at me. She wasn't wearing anything but her underwear. She begins to dig into her bag for something.

"What are you doing?"
"You know what Thomas, FUCK, YOU! Plain and simple, I don't care about your punishment, or your repercussions. For someone so demanding you sure do have a lot you need to explain." She says while she's putting on her clothes, I glance at the clock.

"What the hell are you about to do at 2:46 in the morning Alesa."
"I'm LEAVING stupid ass, what the fuck else."
"Alesa-" she cut me off.
"Watch your tone Alesa, watch how you speak to me Alesa, rephrase that Alesa. Yeah, save that."
"ALESA! STOP"

it seemed like the only way I could ever get this stubborn woman to listen to me ever, was to yell at her. She may submit to me in scenes but when they're over. You'd never know she was a submissive.

She stops holding her bag and stands against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest. She's so small to have such a big attitude. I don't understand. I was looking at her. Not speaking, she was staring back at me. Gaze set on me. Looking irritated.