Back to the Program

I wake up Monday morning getting back to my regularly scheduled program. Work. Which I was happy about, I was thriving. My relationship was going well, if you could call it that. My career was thriving.

I get in my morning workout and get dressed making my way to work. While I was out with Thomas yesterday he tried to get me the chauffeur again. I told him no. Although Keith was extremely pleasant to be around. Having a driver was unnecessary.

Finally, I get to the subway and sit down in the seat. I pull out my AirPods and get lost in my music. Closing my eyes and bopping my head.

Someone comes and pulls my headphones out.

"Bro...what the fuc-" I open my eyes.

"Woah, Woah here," Mike says throwing his hands up in defense, handing me back my headphones.

I stand up and pull him into a major hug. He wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me up.

"Mike! I missed you so much, so so much," I say pulling away to look at his face, them embracing him again.

"I really couldn't tell...looked like you were about to murder, me," he says releasing me as we sit.

"Hey, in my defense you could've been anyone, why didn't you tell me you were back?"

"I wanted to surprise you" He says doing that sheepish smile he does.

We talked for the remainder of our ride, he told me all about his trip, about how he may relocate to Atlanta, which is where he had a trip, a company there offered him a job. He was telling me how much I would love "hot Lana" when he said it I busted laughing. We finally get to our stop and head off our separate ways. I chose not to bring up Thomas not wanting me to see Mike. There was nothing going on between us, Mike was simply just my friend.

"Good morning Alesa." Robin says reaching up towards me kissing my cheeks.

My day with Robin flew by, We sent new designs over to Paris, we went out to lunch, We talked to the seamstresses in Paris about the designs, They were informing us we should have the sample designs by the end of the week.

"Alesa, we have to fly back to Paris to okay the samples, and make sure they are to your liking on the models,"

Robin says typing away on her phone, she conjoined our offices, we used to be separated by a door by she took it off.

"Okay great when do we leave?"

"Sunday, we'll be there through Tuesday." my heart instantly sunk, I had to go see Thomas's parents this weekend, I know it would hurt him if I didn't.

"Sunday as in, this Sunday."

"Yes...why do you have something more important?"

"Um I did have plans, but I will work something out."

"You better, this is your career."

She says pushing her glasses down the bridge of her nose to fully look at me with her bare eyes.

"It's a man," she says with a slight smile, pushing the glasses up reverting back to her phone.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.