"you knew about the entrance and didn't say anything?" spoke silena with a furrowed brow.

"i didn't think it was important," spoke juniper in defence, "it's a cave. i don't like yucky old caves."

"she has good taste," spoke grover who grinned at his girlfriend.

barbie did try very hard to contain herself. acts of love just seemed to get her hyped and she couldn't help it. and grover and juniper where just such a cute couple that she couldn't help be let out a quiet squeal. thankfully, nobody heard her.

"i wouldn't have paid attention except.... well, it's luke," spoke juniper with a blush.

ooo he's the spicy man, spoke jerald out loud, the spicy bad boy with daddy issues, and jerald proceeded to giggle.

the councillors looked at barbie and she was bright red with embarrassment. seriously, did jerald have to say that right now?

"i-" spoke barbie, embarrassed for jerald, "shut up."

"forget what i said about good taste," mumbled grover bitterly looking away with an agitated glare.

"interesting," quintus polished his sword as he spoke, "and you believe this young man, luke, would dare use the labyrinth as an invasion route?"

"definitely," clarisse said, "if he could get an army of monsters inside camp half-blood to just pop up in the middle of the woods without having to worry about our magical boundaries, we wouldn't stand a chance. he could wipe us out easy. he must've been planning this for months."

"he's been sending scouts into the maze," annabeth said, "we know because...because we found one."

"chris rodriguez," chiron said.

he gave quintus a meaningful look.

"ah," quintus said, "the one in the...yes. i understand."

"the one in the what?" asked percy in confusion.

clarisse glared at percy, "the point is, luke has been looking for a way to navigate the maze. he's searching for daedalus's workshop."

"yeah," mumbled barbie, "if luke found him he'd be unbeatable."

"the guy who created the maze," spoke percy.

"yes," said annabeth, "the greatest architect, the greatest investor of all time. if the legends are true, his workshop is in the centre of the labyrinth. he's the only one who knew how to navigate the maze perfectly. if luke managed to find the workshop and convince daedalus to help him, luke wouldn't have to fumble around searching for paths, or risk losing his army in the maze's traps. he could navigate anywhere he wanted – quickly and safely. first to camp half-blood to wipe us out. then... to olympus."

"so we can't let him find a perfect way to navigate the maze," spoke barbie.

the half-bloods around her nodded in agreement along with a few murmurs as well.

"wait," spoke charles beckendorf, "back up a sec annabeth. you said 'convince him' isn't daedelus dead?"

"i would hope so. he lived, what, three thousand years ago? and, even if he were alive, don't the old stories say he fled from the labyrinth?" spoke quintus with a huff.

chiron clopped restlessly on his hooves, "that's the problem, my dear quintus. no one knows. there are rumours... well, there are many disturbing rumours about daedalus, but one is that he disappeared back into the labyrinth towards the end of his life. he might still be down there."

"but the labyrinth can't make you immortal, so he has to be dead!" spoke barbie, "unless he somehow got a blessing from the gods to stay alive forever."