Epilogue: No End

It was silent on the ship. Of course, too much talking might seem disrespectful for a funeral.
Bane was the one to spread the ashes over the waves, Dick stood close behind.
"She did mention that this is how she wanted to go."
Bane leaned on the rails, not looking back at the masked boy. "Yes, she always knew what would happen."
Dick smiled. "She mentioned it often actually. Kinda obvious."
Bane didn't laugh.
Behind them, various villans and Batman chatted casually on deck. Eddie was fiddling with a deck of cards but he kept stealing glances at the masked crusader. He knew it was Bruce. He knew it was Lily's father. He forced his legs to move so he could talk to him.
"Strange sight, isn't it?" Eddie said.
Batman remained stony faced. "I'd never thought I'd invite Arkham's finest onto my boat."
"So why did you?"
He nodded towards Dick. "He was very close to her."
Eddie ran his tongue over his teeth. "But not you?"
"We were partners, but she hadn't spoken to me since I found out her father is Harvey Dent."
Eddie's eyebrows shot up. He studied the man before him for a moment. There was much pain in his past, still much pain in his present.
"Well she had as all fooled, didn't she? Now if you'll excuse me."
It was strange having heroes and villains all on the same boat. You could hardly tell which was which anymore.
Everyone else was calmly sad about Lily's death but Bane stared into the waves with conflict burning in his eyes. The memory was fresh in his mind.
Walking down a worn path in the mountains.
Finding the man, using some sort of witchcraft to heal himself with.
Asking Rha As Ghul for help was one of the hardest things he'd ever have to do.
Rha's grin was wicked, his eyes sharp. He knew exactly how this would play out and it was just as he wanted it to be.
"Let me guess, you want me to bring her back?"
Bane subconsciously clutched his pouch with a marble inside. He remained expressionless, like he usually did when he was afraid.
Two men carried Lily's body in from behind him, her chest and clothes were caked in blood. Everybody else thought that the ashes were hers.
Lily was laid between the two men. Rha was enjoying himself.
"There'll be a price for this. It won't be cheap."
Bane didn't react. He couldn't let on to how he was feeling.
"Of course, prices can be discussed later." Rha continued. "Though you should know she may come back different than how you remember."
Bane gazed at Lily's face, so young and full of pain. He needed to make things right.
"Save her."
Rha rubbed his hands together in glee. "Are you sure? The cost is great. Sure you're willing to pay?"
Bane's eyes didn't leave Lily's face. He clearly remembered when she shut them, knowing he was going to kill her. He remembered how she smiled at him the first time they met and that she never gave up on him. Even when he gave up on her.
"Anything."

*******************************************************
Ah, okay, I'm not sure about this.
Do you guys want a sequel? Please comment if you do.
Thanks for all the support I've gotten for this story. I love you all and remember: Villain and Proud