Chapter 14: It hurts a little

Sometime after all my crying, I fell asleep. It was one of those peaceful sleeps that are uncommon too me. I was so ashamed of my tears and so guilty for murdering Brianna, I almost was prepared to just give up. Who cares about my stupid plan anyway, this stuff isn't my business. If Gotham dies, it dies. Oh well.

But then Bane woke me up and just seeing the pouch around his neck made me remember why I was doing all this. What would I do without him. Bane had awakened me to tell me that he had too leave, I remembered what Melissa said to Dick, about Bane doing something with a machine. Time for a little Strangelique.

Joker and Eddie came downstairs, laughing about something. They barely had the chance to say hello to me before Selina came sliding down the old banister and pushing them to the floor. I didn't ask, the cat eyes painted on Selina's forehead told me everything. I chuckled and alerted her of my presence. She was embracing me before I could blink but then slapped me playfully on the shoulder for laughing at her expense.

I gave them all hugs before they left, refusing to go with, telling them honestly that "I don't think trying to destroy Gotham would do any good." Soon they were gone telling me not to disappear again, and leaving me alone in the 'Big Four' headquarters.

I wasted no time, running up the steps and checking every room in the corridor. I found two bathrooms, five empty rooms and a deserted storage room. Going up another floor I found all the bedrooms and some more dusty rooms. Don't evil people clean? Well they're not EVIL, just.. twisted.

Finally on the fourth floor I found a computer room, it took me a while to get past the fire-walls and the many riddles and puzzles I had to solve (thanks very much Eddie) but I got in. Woah, files. Lots and lots and lots of files. I wish I had my USB with me. Suddenly I had a very bright idea. Riddler loves tormenting poor Brucie with his games, and how does he send them mostly? Email.

His email adress was already typed in so all I had to do was figure out the password. Riddle? No. Riddlerisagenius? No. IlikeannoyingLily? I wish. Well this was taking forever. I went back out and after a few minutes found that only three keys were typed as a password. Three.... wait, I thought, what did Riddler say at the police station? Riddle me this.

RMT, I typed and it went through!! No computer can defeat me!

After I was done my little happy-dance, I sent a few dozen emails to Bruce, it wasn't hard. Batman is the only person (besides Gotham Police Station) that Riddler emails. Shame, I need to find this boy a girlfriend.

Ok, will go through files later.Let me just- stop. One file jumped out at me, it was labled "JunctureStage". I titled my head, both words were synonyms for dates. Oh my word, the main plan! Instead of giving into my curiosity, I simply deleted the file. Of course to delete it I had to answer another riddle, the answer ironicly was 'curiosity'.

I skipped out of the room- after of course deleting all proof of an email and shutting off the computer. I quickly rushed downstairs too, and left something for Eddie on his computer. The next room was Scarecrow's (Johny's) lab. On the way in I put on gloves and one of those doctor masks. This part was easy, I put all the chemicals I needed on one empty, silver table and also grabbed some breakers, a tripod, a bunsen burner and a spoon.

I expertly mixed the chemicals together, including concentrated laughing gas, Scarecrow's fear toxin and some other compounds like Magnesium chloride. I boiled the toxin with some compounds and waited for it to cool before adding the laughing gas. Just for fun I added ocean-blue food colouring and put it all in a huge spray can. Writing a note that said I.C.E in big, bold letters I put it next to the can in a cupboard.

In the back of my mind I wondered why Johny would ever need a giant spray can, but I shrugged it off and continued. I used the bunsen burner to burn a huge, swirling S on the can and used some of Selina's lipstick to decorate it. Checking the time I saw that I had been busy for nearly two hours. As fast as humanly possible, I put all the other chemicals, powders and compounds, in a crack in the wall. I also took all the equipment and flung it in different rooms, making a huge mess as I went.

Finally I took some candles from the storage room and lit them, pouring the wax on the floor in a gigantic, swirling S along the floor. I used up four tubes of Selina's lipstick colouring it in but she had more than enough left over.

I was too afraid to go in Joker's room, I would never say, but I was kinda creeped out my clowns. I think I got my message through already, no need to break stuff. I mean, they still have to live here.

I felt bad about it but it was always part of the plan, its not like its hurting anyone. As Strangelique, i wanted to at least carve something into the wall but as Lily I decided that I had done enough to set back their plan and set mine up.

I just hope this works.

*****

I was back on the streets, again. It seems that I could never stay in one place for too long. I know Bane would probably think that Strangelique took me but what can I do? I need Bane to hate Strangelique to balance out what he feels about Lily. And if everything goes according to plan...... then what actually?

Yea i'll get what I want. I'll fix Gotham, but i'll hurt them. I'll hurt them all. It's too late though. It'll hurt them when I die, if I run away just before it'll hurt worse, the worst is not knowing. Like how I never knew what happened to my parents, until I came back.

I'll never be normal. I'm an experiment, a freak. I was only human again when I came back. I could never cry, or show emotion. When I sobbed for Brianna, Rha's made sure I would never cry again- and to remind me of what a Cat-O-Nine-Tails was.

Stop Lily, I scolded myself. Self-pity won't get you anywhere. Well, actually, neither will learning an encyclopedia but they made me do that. I sighed out loud and stared at the ground. White? I broke away from my thoughts to look around. It was snowing, at night. Pretty but unhelpful. I was still wearing my jeans, long-sleeve top and sneakers from lunch with Dick, so I'd better get home soon.

I was close, just a couple blocks away, when I walked into her- Melissa. We just stared at eachother for a while, watching as we both froze on the sidewalk. She was better dressed, wearing a coat and wooly boots. She was still staring at me as she lifted up her sleeve, revealing to me a tattoo on her arm. Brianna, it said, in deep dark letters. It was obviously new as the skin around it was still quite red.

She pulled her sleeve back down, pure agony written on her face.

"How did she die?" She demanded in a whisper, I could barely hear her over the wind that just picked up.

"You know." I replied, brushing some snow off my skin. "But you will never know how sorry I am."

I stepped forward, touching her arm, "Don't forgive me." I don't deserve it.

I saw her fists clench at her sides, her jaw tighten. I knew in a fight I would easily beat her. I couldn't care less. I deserve punishment so I won't fight back.

She hit my hand off her, bringing a dull pain to my icy-blue fingers. I can only hope she doesn't kill me. That it wont go that far. I closed my eyes when I saw hers fill with hate.

"You B*TCH, you killed my sister!"

*****