Chapter 4; Another day, Another life

Chapter 4: Another day, another life

I felt the blast before I saw it, my whole world turned upside down as the car flipped over and over again. I hit my head against the dashboard and suddenly the car stopped spinning and the car was upside down, Batman groaning next to me. I unstrapped myself from the seat and smacked onto the car roof, my ears were ringing, head throbbing and I didn't even look at my leg.

I shook my head, trying to regain some form of normality when two slender hands came through the broken window and pulled me out gently. I felt so comfortable laying on the street that I almost missed what was being said by Catwoman (AKA Selina Kyle).

"Oh nice job Eddie. You could've killed her and you're supposed to be the genius."

"I am the genius and for your information i knew that the blast wouldn't of had enough force to kill her, i wouldn't allow it."

"Oh please, the car was flipping down the bloody street and she isn't moving. So Mr Smartass why dont you HELP HER!"

"Ssshhh." I moaned, "I'm trying to sleep here."

"Oh no you dont. That head wound need to be-OW!"

I heard a buzzing sound and Edward licking his fingers, hey isn't Batman supposed to- I dont know, help me?

"What was that?"

"The microchip, it's stopping me from touching her head wound."

"My leg, doorknob, fix my leg!"

"You cannot simply call me a doorknob, we all know that my intellegence-"

"EDDIE!" Selina and I yelled at the same time, making him stop midsentence and look at my leg.

"Well, its a second degree burn."

"Not that, that wasn't helpful.... But that wasn't helpful. Dont you have something to help?"

"Lillian I just broke out of an Asylum, excuse me for not bringing Burn Sheild, we can get now."

"I told you not to call me that! And I thought-"

I was cut off mid-sentence by Batman, who finally decided to make an appearance. "You'll be going back to the Asylum so you wont need to go anywhere."

"On the contrary Bat, I wont be going back anytime soon and if you want this child to survive then I suggest you leave her to me."

"Hey im not a child, and who said anything about dying?!" They ignored my comment and continued to argue, making me frown. Where did Selina go?

"The girl wont be going anywhere with any of you, she needs help."

"She will be coming with us or she will end up dead on the streets of Gotham anyway."

"Im still here, you know, and i'm not retarded im not gonna get killed."

"Why do you care about a child, Riddler. Has the knew doctor grown on you?"

"Did her mother grow on you?"

I was standing by now and hobbling to the nearest grocery shop, Batman was irritating me, why is he just standing there bickering like a fishwife? By the time I made it there, the slender arms were around me again and supporting my weight. Selina sat me down on the sidewalk and gently moved my leg.

"Its not like it's amputated." I frowned, "So I dont get all the fuss."

Selina rolled her eyes and opened a bag that was on her arm. "When B-man arrived i knew they would get at another famous arguement so I thought I would be useful and get you this."