Chapter 26: Destruction

Rha motioned for us to follow him into the forest and we both did, occasionally stealing glances at each other.
I felt like I was dreaming.
I had been right. Dick worked for Rha. He looked at me with confusion.
When we stopped walking everything was quiet. The wind rustled through the trees.
"Oh, it's so nice to have a reunion, isn't it children."
We didn't reply.
"And so nice that you're already acquainted." He grinned, baring his teeth, and looked at me. "I trust you have a way to kill them by now?"
Richard looked at me in silent shock. He didn't deserve a nickname anymore.
"It depends on who you want to hurt the most, sir."      
"Why, those friends of yours of course."
I looked at my feet, a lump formed in my stomach.
"Then you'll want to ruin their plans, which would've done most of the work for us."
I bit my lip. I wanted to scream or run away. But who knows what he would do if I did.
I tensed when Rha moved forward and held my shoulders. "I'm so proud of you."
Now I wanted to cry.
Rha was the only father I've ever had.
"How are we going to do it?"
"Well, when I first came here, I had set up a.. Network.. Of explosives. I know you have a missile station, sir, so we can use that to set them off."
Richard looked appaulled. Rha clapped his hands together. "Perfect. But of course, we can't have the missile causing too much damage. They have to suffer first."
"But what about ou-" Richard interrupted.
"Hush, boy. You have yet to prove your usefulness. Like Lily-flower here."
I didn't want to, but I felt a great sense of accomplishment at his words.
"Come, let's start the preparations." He spun around and led us back to his car. We started driving the moment we entered. A computer slid down from the roof. "Now, where would you say is the best place to strike?"
"I think Arkham, sir." Richard said. I glared at him. "Its far enough away and will do quite a lot of damage. It's enough to create a panic but won't immediately kill anyone important."
I could feel my face growing hot.
"Excellent. Lily, would you like the honor of typing in the coordinates?"
He was smiling like the Chesire cat, he knew how I felt about Arkham. What about all the inmates still inside?
Richard watched my every move.
"Of course." I pulled the coordinates from my head. I had seen them before after all. I typed them in and looked to Rha, who nodded and motioned to the button next to the screen.
I pushed it.
A few minutes went by and soon Rha's excitement faded. I noticed the gun lying under the car seat.
When I started smiling, Rha tilted the computer screen towards him and his eyes widened in horror.
He lashed out before I could react. I was smashed against the car door, his hands wrapped around my throat.
Richard cried out and lunged and Rha but he was kicked away.
His face got angrier the more he squeezed my neck. I couldn't stop smiling, not even when spots danced in front of my eyes.
"Its gone." I breathed. "Your home. Everything you've worked for."
His grip held firm. "You think you've stopped me? Your friends are still out there and I'll be sure to kill. Every. Last. One."
Richard jumped on Rha's back and his hands flew away. I gulped in the air and reached for the door.
As I opened it, the car turned and the door slammed in my face.
I opened it again but Rha yanked me back by the hair. I yelled and reached my arm back to scratch him.
He cried out and threw me against the other seat.
Rha threw himself back against the car door, slamming Dick against it in the process.
I reached forward ad grabbed the gun from under his seat.
Rha kicked me in the head and I went back but I didn't lose the gun. When I pointed it at him, everything stopped.
"Lily.. What are you doing?" Dick said, staring at the gun pointed at his head. He put his hands up. "I'm not the enemy."
"Aren't you?" I asked, catching my breath. "What were you doing? With Bruce. While working for him."
My head tilted towards Rha, he tried to move closer to me so I pointed the gun at him.
"Don't fucking move." I yelled.
He stopped at leaned back in his seat.
"You won't kill me, lamb."
My fingers tightened on the trigger. "Says who? You made me this way."
He paused then smiled lazily. "The chip won't let you turn against me."
He tapped his temple. "Now give me the gun."
I hesitated then glared at him.
"It seems your little chip is broken."
My eyes flickered to Dick.
"You were going to betray Bruce."
"I wasn't."
I sighed. "Did you tell him about your training."
"...No."
I nodded. "I thought so. You wanted to bomb Arkham."
"I knew that you-"
"No, you knew that would hurt me, you arse" I focused on Rha again. "And you? Going to kill my friends. I should shoot you right now."
He still looked calm, but his finger twitched. "If you were going to, you would've already."
"Or I'm just savouring the moment."
"Like you did with Brianna?"
I almost dropped the gun.
"I could bring her back, you know. I have my ways. You know that."
I felt sick again. My leg was shaking. I needed a pill already?
"I don't want your black magic."
"Really, not even to save her."
"She's dead. Stop the car."
Rha pressed a button and the car slowed to a stop.
"Get out, Richard."
He looked at me then slowly opened the car door and slid out.
"Don't do anything you'll regret." He said.
The door slammed and he was gone.
Rha smirked at me. "And now? Are you going to kill me."
I felt dizzy but tried not to show it.
"I might."
He rested his head against his hand. He looked so casual.
"You think you have it in you? You can't even tell your father who you are."
"He doesn't need to know. But you need to be stopped."
He was still smiling. I couldn't breathe.
"And you're going to be the one to stop me?"
I lowered the gun, my hands were shaking.
"I don't want to be like you."
"But you are. You're worse then I am."
Bang.
The gun was smoking. Rha cried out, he was clutching his leg in pain. I dropped the gun and bolted.
I tried to figure out where I was but I couldn't focus.
I had shot him. He was a threat and I fought back.
So why did I feel so awful?
I leaned against a building corner and popped a pill.
It didn't help.
The world was spinning. All I heard was a high-pitched ringing.
I thought I was hallucinating when a fog carpeted the sidewalk. But I realized what was going on when I started feeling giddy.
I started laughing, clutching my stomach and doubling over.
At the same time I felt blood all over my hands. Visions of dead horses and skeleton crows danced before me.
Bane's plan was starting.
Nothing could stop them now.