"Why though? Isn't her room just next to mine?" Nick asks and I agree as the others gather their stuff.

"Yes, that's why he should bring you, it's close." Tracy pushes me to Nick.

"I can handle myself," I grumble and walk away from Nick but this time Gen pulls me back to him.

"Yes but it's dark out and sadly, women are targets this late at night," Gen says and I open my mouth to speak again but Tracy cuts me off.

"Ok so Alice with Nick, Gen, and Nelson are in room 18G and I get the bridal suite to myself- sorry I paid for this trip- suite is mine," Tracy says running off and wobbling with over thirty bags on her arms for only a one night trip. Gen and Nelson walk to their room hand in hand leaving Nick and I confused under the snow.

I grip the small bag I brought in my hands and Nick takes it throwing it over his shoulder. He's surely carrying a lot of pounds on those shoulders.

"I can hold something." I reach up to help him but he starts to walk away.

"Or not," I mumble following him in the cold.

We get to my room and Nick opens my room door for me with the card.

He drops my stuff on the ground and flicks on the lights illuminating the darkroom that the night had once swallowed.

I look at the stuff by his feet and the sad smile on his face. I close my eyes and flashes of some sort of wedding night enter my mind and I need to cough to rid myself of the stupid thought.

"I guess this is it..." he says the words softly with a double meaning and tucks his hands in his pockets.

"I guess so," I say taking a step closer to him and it's quiet for a while.

"Goodnight." We both say simultaneously and I can't help but laugh.

I open my eyes and see him staring at my lips. I grip the door and inhale a heavy breath.

"Goodnight." I breathe out into the cold air and slowly close the door just as he says goodnight back as he walks over to his door not saying anything.

As soon as I'm alone I sigh. I want him in here with me tonight. What am I doing?

I shut my eyes tightly when I feel a pressure behind my eyes coaxing me to release tears. I shake my head and go to the bathroom. Slipping on my nightgown the silk material falls just above my knees and I mess with the hem looking in the mirror.

I comb through my hair and wash my face and brush my teeth getting ready for bed.

Finally, when I crawl under the cold covers I feel all my muscles relax and I sink into the soft mattress.

I turn my head in the darkroom watching as snow slowly piles itself on the small balcony.

I watch as someone turns a light on out there.

Nick.

Before I can stop myself I'm running out onto my balcony. My thin nightgown blows up around my thighs and I pull the material down the best I can.