"Oh! Yeah, that's my brother, remember how I got those marijuana brownies from him on accident that one time?" She says and we all nod reminiscing to that crazy night.

"Well, he told me where he gets his drugs. And then I asked him how many drug dealers are around here and he said only one, but he's somewhere 100 miles south of Mapletown."

"South of Mapletown? Tracy that's like a five-hour drive." Gen sighs.

"And 100 miles? Isn't that like an hour and a half to add on to that?" I say feeling a headache forming.

"Yes, but to prove Brodie wrong it's worth it," Tracy says.

"Are we really doing this? It's kind of ridiculous. And I don't want to see Nick right now." I say sadly. That last part is a lie.

"It's ridiculous, but with that being said-" Tracy starts but Gen interrupts her.

"Road trip!"

~~

"You just past another stop sign!" Gen screams and I jump from the noise.

It's currently been three hours and I'm going insane.

I'm too scared to talk let alone look at Nick.

He was sitting next to me in the van Tracy borrowed from her mom for our "trip." Our thighs kept brushing against one another but what was worse was I could tell how badly I hurt Nick. He had bags under his eyes and it looked liked he hasn't had sleep in years but it's only been two days. His hair has been ruffled like he was running his hands through it in worry constantly. The shaved stubble on his jaw was growing in. He looked like a walking disaster.

I was too busy staring at Nick that when we went over train tracks I panicked.

Nick, always the good observer, his hand goes to grab my knee. The same way he's done countless other times when I was nervous but this time was so different. He stopped halfway, hovered his hand above my leg, and then slowly pulled it back. All the while not meeting my eyes.

He looked out the window and I leaned back in my seat too far gone to apologize.

After awhile the sun was starting to set and Tracy offered to stop at a diner before we went to our hotel.

It was still a couple of miles until we got there and the soft music of the car, the fact that I didn't sleep at all for the past two days and that Nick's body heat kept me warm I decided it would be best to close my eyes for a few seconds before we stopped.

By the time I open my eyes, it's dark out and the car wasn't moving anymore.

"Mmmm." I groan sadly and wrap my arms around the warmth snuggling in deeper.

"Alice." I hear a husky voice near my ear and I'm too sleepy still to pay attention.

Nick's familiar hand runs his fingers through my scalp and the feeling is so good it sends multiple shivers down my spine and leaves chills of bliss that wouldn't go away.

I feel him pull my head closer to his chest and I can hear him smelling my hair.

I quickly pull away in the darkness of the car and I pull my jacket around my chest tighter.