9.Prepping For The Future

UA didn't have school the day after the USJ incident, but the students weren't able to rest easy. The next day at school, Izaya could tell that the others were nervous, and he was as well. But that was due to Eri and Stain. He was unsure if Tsukauchi had actually started to look into the Hassaikai or asked someone else to, and he also needed to find and stop the hero killer. After everyone took their seats the door opened and everyone expected to see a substitute teacher, but instead it was Aizawa who was wrapped up like a mummy.

"Wow, you're all ready back Sensei," Izaya asked.

"I am glad to see you're doing all right sensei," Iida said.

"Can you really call that doing well," Uraraka muttered.

"My welfare isn't important. Because your fight is far from over." Izaya knew what he was about to say, but the others shifted nervously. "UA's sports festival is fast approaching." The students began voicing their opinions, most of them worried about doing this right after having been attacked by villains. "It's necessary in order to demonstrate UA's crisis management protocols are sound. This will show that we won't let this attack get to us. Compared to past years, there will be much more security. Anyways, the sports festival is the greatest chance for you heroes in training. Our sports festival is one of Japan's biggest events, taking the place of the world olympics."

"The nations top heroes will be there," Yaoyorozu said. "They'll be there in order to scout us."

"They'll be looking to hire sidekicks after we graduate," Kaminari said. "That's how its done. Some of those sidekicks don't ever go beyond that and go solo."

"That'll be you, you dunce," Jirou told him.

Aizawa regained their attention before continuing. "Naturally you'll gain valuable experience and popularity if you're picked by a big time hero. But your time is limited, show the heroes what you're made of and you'll make a future for yourselves. This happens once a year, so you get three chances during your stay at UA. If you're hoping to become a hero, then this is an event that you cannot miss."

After that, classes began until lunch when they were dismissed. Everyone began talking about the sports festival, all of them excited for the event and the opportunity it would give them. Izaya left with Iida, Izuku, and Uraraka, and on their way to the cafeteria, Izuku asked Uraraka why she wanted to become a hero. Izaya was also curious, because as far as he could remember, Uraraka had never told him.

"Well... I want to become a hero for money."

"What," Izuku said surprised. "You want to be a hero for the money?"

"Ultimately yeah."

Izaya felt annoyed when he heard this. While it wasn't anything like Deku, he still disliked heroes, but it was those who weren't really heroes. And Uraraka was starting to sound like one.

"Well there is nothing wrong with that," Iida told her. "Nothing wrong with wanting to secure a life of comfort for yourself."

"Yeah," Izuku said, agreeing with Iida. "It was just kinda surprising."

"Well you see, my family owns a construction company. But business has been bad. We're poorer than poor. I had told them that when I grew up I wanted to help them with my quirk, but they told me to fulfill my own dreams. And that when the day comes I could just take them on a vacation or something. So I want to become a great hero, so I can make money and help make my family's life easier."

Iida began praising her for her kindness but he stopped when Izaya stepped in front of Uraraka with a serious look on his face. Then suddenly, he bowed. "I am sorry."